November 14, 2008
Week of November 17, 2008
The Advising Center will have WALK-IN ADVISING hours starting Monday November 17 through Friday December 5.
Come in without an appointment between 10am and 4pm!!
UPCOMING EVENTS: Michigan Apprentice, School of Social Work Prospective Student Information Session
ONGOING EVENTS: Pre-Health Quick Questions, Visiting (Non-LSA) Advisors in Angell, Cross Campus Transfer information sessions, Tau Beta Pi free tutoring
THIS WEEK'S EVENTS
Trinity College Dublin: OIP Summer Study Abroad Information Session
University of Turku Finland: OIP Study Abroad Information Session
Choosing a Concentration: Sophomore Connection
South/West Quad Academic Fair
Engineering Information Session!
Deadline for application Nov 24. Interviews and decisions to be done in late November, with apprenticeships in December and January.
For more information please see the Alumni Center's website.
- Douglas M. McCracken Jr.,Senior Global Brand Manager, Activision Blizzard
- Jerry May, Vice President for Development, U-M Ann Arbor
- Bill Wenzell, Development Officer, Focus: HOPE, Detroit, Michigan
- Jared N. Page–Washington, DC, Lobbyist
- Eric Braate WDIV, Channel 4 – Detroit Meterologist
- Jeremy Steinberg Vice President, Digital Sales and Business Development at FOX News Channel/FOX Business Network–New York
- Paul Saginaw, Co-Owner and Founding Partner of Zingerman's
School of Social Work Prospective Student Information Session
Tuesday, November 25
1794 SSWB (Fauri Seminar Room)
We invite you learn more about the School by attending a prospective student information session. Admissions counselors will discuss program options, degree requirements, the application process, financial aid, and more. Time will also be available to ask questions.
Pre-Health Quick Questions
David Brawn: Mondays 2–4pm (starting September 8th) in the Newnan Center library
Peggy Zitek: Thursdays 2-4pm (starting September 4th) in alcove #5 in the Science Learning Center (Rm 1720 Chem)
Visiting Advisors to the Newnan LSA Advising Center
Please call 764-0332 to schedule an appointment with one of these advisors in 1255 Angell Hall
- Architecture: Wednesdays 1:30-4:40pm (Meghan Lee-Hinkle)
- Computer Science: Mondays 2-4pm (Martin Strauss)
- Engineering: Tuesdays 8:30-11:30am (Gary DeGuzman)
- Health Science Scholars: Tuesdays 1-4pm (Joyce Sutton)
- Kinesiology: Wednesdays 1:30-4:30pm (Martha Reck)
- Music: Tuesdays 1-3pm (Charles Garrett), Thursdays 11:30-1:30 (Louise Stein)
- Pharmacy: Mondays 8:30-11:30am (Valener Perry)
- Public Policy: Wednesdays 10am-12pm (Beth Soboleski)
Cross Campus Transfer (to LSA) Group Information Sessions
All Sessions are 4-5pm in G239 Angell
Monday, November 24
Wednesday, December 3
Monday, December 15
Considering transferring to LSA? Come to this information session to find out about degree and transfer requirements. This session is a mandatory part of the cross-campus transfer process. Once you've attended you can make an appointment with an LSA advisor to discuss your individual situation and complete the transfer paperwork if you are eligible to transfer.
Tau Beta Pi (Engineering Honor Society) Free Tutoring!! http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~tbp/
Every Sunday 4-6pm
Mojo (Jordan Lounge), South Quad (IRC 9th floor), and Bursley (Main lobby)--pick any one!
Math (100‐200 level), Physics (100‐200 level), Chem 130; usually all subjects at the same time, but if there is an upcoming exam, the tutoring session for the week will focus on:
11/16 Physics, Math, Chemistry
Posted by yunecs at November 14, 2008 10:20 AM