January 12, 2009
Week of January 12, 2009
Welcome back for the Winter 2009 term!
The Advising Center will have WALK-IN ADVISING hours Monday January 12 and Tuesday January 13
Come in without an appointment between 10am and 4pm!! Or call 764-0332 to make an appointment.
UPCOMING EVENTS: Multicultural Career Fair, Internship Fair, Michigan in Washington Poster Session
ONGOING EVENTS: Pre-Health Quick Questions, Visiting (Non-LSA) Advisors in Angell, Cross Campus Transfer information sessions
THIS WEEK'S EVENTS
Michigan in Washington Information Session
Resume Review Nights
UMS Half-Price Student Ticket Sale
The Global Scholars Program
WinterFest - Student Recruitment Fair
Ford School B.A. Program Information Session
Summer Study Abroad Fair
Multicultural Career Fair
Wednesday January 21
2pm - 6pm
The Multicultural Career Fair is a great way to connect with employers right here on campus! Typically, 60-65 organizations and over 800 students participate in the Fair.
Thursday January 22
12:00noon - 4:00 pm
http://www.careercenter.umich.edu/events/fairsevents/internshipfair.htmlThe Internship Fair is a great way to connect with employers right here on campus! Typically, 30-40 organizations and 1000 students participate in the Fair.
“The Business of Baseball”
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Doors open at 12:45pm, Program begins at 1:15 pm
Rackham Graduate School Building, 4th Floor Amphitheatre
Seating is limited and will be assigned on a first come basis
Featuring Tigers players, coaches and front office executives and will include panel presentations and Q&A opportunities on the following:
- Players and coaches discussing community, media relations, physical training, and other aspects of the business, and
- Front office personnel discussing their positions within the Tigers organization and how they support the team (HR, Ticket Sales, Community Relations, Media, Athletic Training, and others)
Student resumes will be collected at door to be reviewed for internships positions.
Michigan in Washington Poster Session
Monday, January 26
Eldersveld Room (5670 Haven)
Fall 2008 MIW students will present their research and answer quetsion about their experiences.
Pre-Health Quick Questions
David Brawn: Mondays 2–4pm (starting January 12th) in the Newnan Center library
Peggy Zitek: Thursdays 2-4pm (starting January 8th) in alcove #5 in the Science Learning Center (Rm 1720 Chem)
Visiting Advisors to the Newnan LSA Advising Center
Please call 764-0332 to schedule an appointment with one of these advisors in 1255 Angell Hall from Jan 19th-April 21st.
- Architecture: Wednesdays 1:30-4:30pm (Ann Schoen saschoen)
- Computer Science: select Mondays 2-4pm (Martin Strauss martinjs)
- Engineering: Tuesdays 8:30-11:30am (Gary DeGuzman gdeguzmn)
- Health Science Scholars: Tuesdays 1-4pm (Joyce Sutton jesut)
- Kinesiology: Wednesdays 1:30-4:30pm (Martha Reck mrreck)
- Music: select Tuesdays 1-3pm (Charles Garrett cgarr)
- Pharmacy: select Mondays 8:30-11:30am (Valener Perry vlperry)
- Public Policy: Wednesdays 10am-12pm (Beth Soboleski bsobo)
Cross Campus Transfer (to LSA) Group Information Sessions
All Sessions are 4-5pm in G239 Angell
Considering transferring to LSA? Come to this information session to find out about degree and transfer requirements. This session is a mandatory part of the cross-campus transfer process. Once you've attended you can make an appointment with an LSA advisor to discuss your individual situation and complete the transfer paperwork if you are eligible to transfer.
Posted by yunecs at January 12, 2009 04:27 PM