April 14, 2008
Advising Tip: Do Something
It's that crazy time of the semester again...as we move in to the last week or two of the semester here are some tips on how to get through the rest of the semester, courtesy of Counselling and Psychological Services (CAPS)....
10. De-stress. Go to www.mitalk.org/multimedia.php and download yoga and progressive muscle relaxation videos.
9. Go to academic office hours if you need extra help.
8. Party smart—if you drink, please do so in moderation. If you’re getting ready for finals, give your brain a chance to work at its full peak without substances.
7. Check out the 1-minute stress strategies on Wolverine Wellness www.uhs.umich.edu/wellness/stress/strategies.html.
6. For those graduating—savor the last weeks of your college experience—visit your favorite places, celebrate your time here, and make time to say goodbye.
5. Combat procrastination—don’t wait for motivation, just start the dreaded task.
4. Balance studying with playtime. Check out www.arborweb.com for fun things to do.
3. If you’re worried about a friend, talk with a CAPS Counselor-on-Duty about how to help.
2. Be compassionate with yourself and engage in self-care activities (e.g.,
get enough sleep, eat well, exercise, laugh, connect with others).
And the number one way to do something…….
1. Breathe. Pause. Reflect. Share this list with a friend and do something.
Posted by yunecs at 08:00 AM