« Giant Super-Earths Made of Diamond Are Possible, Study suggests | Main | Two Supermassive Black Holes Discovered »

December 07, 2011

UFO near Mercury?

When a solar flare was washing over Mercury, NASA observed a "cloaked ship" next to Mercury.
There is a video:

Posted by buruken at December 7, 2011 08:28 PM

Comments

Did anyone give an explanation yet? Does it mean there's a real alien spaceship in the solar system? If so, people might find a way to observe that, which indeed is mind-blowing.

Posted by: wangrt at December 8, 2011 01:57 AM

Is there anymore information on this sighting? Or has NASA determined if what they saw was merely a solar flare or a piece of a particle flying through space?

Posted by: mwalkows at December 9, 2011 01:13 PM

It surprises me that people still believe that they are seeing spaceships when so much evidence points to the fact that this is almost completely impossible-- we are still struggling to find life evidence on Mars! I would like to know what actually DID happen though to create the image of a "spaceship".

Posted by: drdod at December 9, 2011 01:27 PM

Very interesting article. Though it is highly unlikely that this object could be a UFO, it is still very interesting to imagine the "what if" scenario.

Posted by: balerner at December 10, 2011 12:46 AM

I vote no on the whole spaceship idea. Both being so close to the sun and some mysterious cloaking device both seem too fictional.

Posted by: dustont at December 10, 2011 03:17 PM

The link talks about how the mark by Mercury was most likely made, so I felt in the same article that posed the question, the authors essentially were able to say it was not a UFO. Even if they weren't able to, I don't think that aliens would be hanging around Mercury. For one, it's a desolate place, ridiculously hot and pretty boring. Like mwalkows said a few posts before me, we are still trying to find life on Mars, so I think worrying more about that and less about potential UFO's would be more beneficial.

Posted by: fadmonic at December 11, 2011 03:28 PM

Login to leave a comment. Create a new account.