October 15, 2008
CIBE Doctoral Student Funding
Doctoral student funding guidelines for 2009
The Center for International Business Education (CIBE) announces its awards for the support of doctoral students in international business. There are two types of awards: (1) tuition and living support for the fifth year, and (2) funding for dissertation research. Proposals from all University of Michigan colleges, schools and departments are eligible.
Awards are for up to $5,000. For more information contact Brad Farnsworth, CIBE Director, at 936-3917 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due on or before 17 November 2008.
Students applying for dissertation funds may request funding to cover the following expenses:
1. Data collection expenses, such as the purchase of publications, duplication costs, and on-line search charges. (Purchases of equipment are not allowable.)
2. Travel, both domestic and international, including transportation, meals, and accommodations.
The application has five parts:
1. Research proposal, maximum fifteen hundred words, describing the theoretical motivation for your research, the methodology to be used, and the anticipated significance of the research findings.
2. Curriculum vitae.
3. Doctoral program transcript (unofficial is acceptable but subject to verification).
4. Detailed budget and justification. See allowable expenses above. A budget is not necessary for fifth-year funding requests. Applicants for either type of funding must show all other committed and potential funding sources.
5. Letter of support from dissertation committee chair.
Mail proposals to:
Center for International Business Education
Ross Business School
701 Tappan Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Or email proposals to email@example.com
The deadline for proposals is 17 November 2008. Proposals received before this date will not be reviewed ahead of schedule.
Funds for fifth-year support are only available for the Winter 2009 semester. Dissertation funding is available beginning 1 January 2009 and must be expended by 31 December 2009.
Posted by zzhu at October 15, 2008 05:48 PM