« Winter 2009 Course - History of Art 394.004: "Approaches to Chinese Landscape Painting," Wen-chien Cheng | Main | An Wang Postdoctoral Fellowship - Harvard University Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies »
December 11, 2008
Ito Foundation for International Education and Exchange Fellowship 2009 Award Announcement
This fellowship provides up to two years of funding for enrollment at a Japanese university in a
graduate degree program or for independent research as a research student (kenkyusei) affiliated at a
Japanese university or an equivalent organization. The field of study/research is open.
• Full tuition (actual amount not to exceed 2 million yen/academic year)
• Living allowance of 180,000 yen per month
• Transportation expense (actual amount not to exceed predefined limit for fiscal year)
• Graduate students currently enrolled in a UM graduate or professional degree program
• Undergraduate students expecting to receive their degrees from UM in December 2008, May 2009,
or August 2009.
• US national
• Some conversational Japanese ability
• Applications are reviewed by the Center for Japanese Studies admissions and fellowships committee
for evaluation and ranking.
• Ito Foundation board of trustees will select and notify fellowship recipients.
• Selection criteria (given by the Ito Foundation):
o Excellent academic record and character
o Financial need
• Applications are available from the Center for Japanese Studies Student Services Coordinator, 4640
SSWB, 1080 S. University.
• Deadline: Monday, January 12, 2009
• All application materials must be received by the Center for Japanese Studies by the deadline.
Posted by zzhu at December 11, 2008 06:30 PM