February 05, 2009
Business Advisory Services Manager, Washington, DC
The US-China Business Council (USCBC) seeks a manager for the organization’s Business Advisory Services department (BAS) in Washington, DC. BAS is the research and advisory arm of USCBC and the direct liaison with USCBC member companies.
Founded in 1973, USCBC (www.uschina.org) is a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan, member-supported organization and the leading organization of US companies engaged in business with the People's Republic of China. Through close collaboration among offices in Washington, DC, Beijing, and Shanghai, USCBC provides extensive China-focused information, advisory, and advocacy services, along with events, to roughly 250 US corporations operating within the United States and throughout Asia.
- Research, analyze, write, and speak on China business issues and related developments
- Advise member companies on business, economic, and trade topics
- Write regularly for USCBC publications
- Develop and manage sector- and issue-specific interest groups
- Coordinate and participate in USCBC programs and member company business briefings
- Proactively assist with member recruitment and retention
- Assist in developing USCBC advocacy positions
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the director of BAS
- Strong China background; work experience in the PRC preferred
- Graduate degree or 2 years experience in China business or related field
- Proficiency in Mandarin (spoken and written) required
- Proven writing, analytical, and communication skills in English
- US permanent work authorization required (citizen or Green Card holder)
- Demonstrated leadership and excellent people skills
- Familiarity with Washington, DC, policy climate preferred
- Previous meeting planning, or fundraising experience preferred
- Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
Terms: The position is full-time. Starting salary is high-30s depending on experience. Benefits include health insurance on a cost-shared basis, company-funded disability and life insurance, 3 weeks vacation, sick leave, and SEP IRA retirement plan (effective after 12 months of employment).
Contact: Send cover letter outlining qualifications for the position, resume, contact information for 5 references, and brief writing sample (3-5 pages) to: Director, BAS, US-China Business Council, 1818 N Street, NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20036 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “BAS MANAGER” in the subject line by Friday, February 20, 2009.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL
Posted by zzhu at February 5, 2009 09:15 AM