May 15, 2009
Assistant Editor, Publications, The US-China Business Council
Assistant Editor, Publications, Washington, DC
Start date: Immediate
The US-China Business Council (USCBC, www.uschina.org) is seeking an assistant editor for a full-time position beginning May 2009. The USCBC is a private, nonprofit, membership association that represents US corporations with business interests in China.
• Assisting with the writing and editing of China Market Intelligence, USCBC’s biweekly e-newsletter, and other e-publications
• Writing, fact-checking, copyediting, and proofreading articles, data spreads, and departments for the China Business Review (CBR, www.chinabusinessreview.com), the magazine of the USCBC, and other USCBC publications. The CBR is a four-color, bimonthly magazine with a circulation of 7,500 published in Washington, DC.
• Maintaining, and adapting USCBC content for, websites
• Conducting research on topics of concern to US businesses in China
• Excellent command of English grammar and spelling
• Proven writing and editing skills
• Reading and speaking knowledge of Mandarin
• Ability to communicate clear, detailed instructions orally and in writing
• Good online research skills and excellent attention to detail
• Relevant experience on another publication
• Academic coursework on, or other relevant exposure to, economics, statistics, business terminology, and US-China commercial activities. Background in economics strongly preferred.
• Ability to work independently
• Experience maintaining websites preferred
• Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
• US permanent work authorization (US citizen or lawful permanent resident)
The position is full-time, and starting salary is in the mid-$30Ks depending on abilities/qualifications. Benefits include three weeks annual leave, health insurance on a shared-cost basis, SEP-IRA after one year of service, and a stimulating work environment.
Send resume, cover letter, brief writing sample, and contact information for three references to:
The China Business Review
1818 N Street, NW, Suite 200
Washington, DC 20036
Or by e-mail: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!
Posted by zzhu at May 15, 2009 03:32 PM