September 01, 2009
Business Manager at the US-China Business Council
The US-China Business Council (USCBC), a private, nonpartisan, nonprofit membership association comprised of roughly 220 US companies engaged in commercial activities in the People's Republic of China, seeks a business manager. The primary responsibility of the position is to oversee the sales and marketing operations of USCBC's publications and other media, primarily its flagship publication, the China Business Review (CBR).
The CBR is the leading magazine covering trade and investment with China and, has served an international audience of business readers, government officials, and academics since 1974. The CBR is published six times a year and is produced by the USCBC's Publications Department in Washington, DC.
Starting date: September 2009
Application Deadline: September 14, 2009
The business manager oversees the sales and marketing operations of CBR and other USCBC media and is responsible for budget administration, advertising sales, circulation and subscription fulfillment, audience development, and production. The business manager is also responsible for developing and executing business plans to expand print and online readership and increase advertising and sponsorship revenues.
Specific duties include:
• Managing outside sales representatives and all media sales efforts, including print ad space, interactive media, and webinar sponsorships;
• Expanding awareness of USCBC’s content among member company representatives and non-member audiences using traditional and new media; and
• Managing the circulation of CBR, including supervising a circulation assistant, managing the subscriber database, e-commerce portal, and direct mail campaigns.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in business- or communications-related field,
• 2 + years of sales and marketing or advertising experience
• 2 + years of experience formulating business development plans
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks
• Experience with online publications and databases
• Excellent organizational, writing, and communication skills
The ideal candidate will bring the following additional attributes:
• Experience with website development, e-marketing, e-commerce, webinar production, and social media marketing.
• Experience in advertisement-driven, controlled circulation publications
• Proficiency with Mandarin Chinese a plus
Terms: The position is full-time, and starting salary is in the mid-$30K to mid-$40K depending on qualifications and experience. Benefits include three weeks annual leave, health insurance on a shared-cost basis, SEP-IRA after one year of service, and a stimulating work environment.
Contact: Send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTENTION: Editor
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Posted by zzhu at September 1, 2009 04:27 PM