September 17, 2009
CCS Blog Tribute to Ken Lieberthal
Professor Kenneth Lieberthal retired from the University of Michigan in July this year and is now the Director of the John Thornton China Center at the Brookings Institution. Not only has Professor Lieberthal been one of the most respected China scholars in the world, but he has also contributed so much to public service as well as to the success of CCS. Readers of the CCS Blog have enjoyed reading or listening to his commentary on various China-related issues and news items in the past year. In order to celebrate all that he has given to CCS and to the study of China, we present "The Best of Ken Lieberthal," bringing together some past blog entries featuring Professor Lieberthal's commentary.
Thanks for being a big part of the CCS Blog, Ken! We look forward to many more blog entries on your work in the future.
• Appearance on The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer, July 27, 2009
• China at G20 summit and the Hu-Obama meeting, April 2, 2009
• Secretary of State Hillary Clinton Visits China, February 22, 2009
• 2009 William K. McInally Memorial Lecture, January 28, 2009
• Guest appearance on Phoenix TV, Inauguration Day, 2009
• Assessing Timothy Geithner's leadership potential in dealing with China, December 19, 2008
• On Hua Guofeng, August 21, 2008
Posted by zzhu at September 17, 2009 06:08 PM