April 08, 2010
Job opening at the Hopkins-Nanjing Center
Johns Hopkins University
The Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies
Classified Title: Enrollment Management/Admissions Coordinator
Department: Hopkins Nanjing Center Washington Support Office (HNCWSO) Status: FT/ M-F/12 months
Reports to: Assistant Director of HNCWSO
Date: April 2010
To perform a wide range of admissions duties, focusing primarily on the Hopkins-Nanjing Center. Approximately 50% of the Admissions Coordinator’s time is spent directly recruiting American and international students for graduate study in Nanjing, China. Designs and organizes an active fall recruitment season to attract qualified students using targeted plans and recruitment goals.
Serves as part of the admissions committee in reviewing and assessing applications.
• Organizes and manages all admissions activities for American and international students interested in the certificate and MA programs of the Hopkins-Nanjing Center.
• Collaboratively develops targeted recruitment plans and goals.
• Exercises substantial independent judgment in targeting students with excellent Chinese language proficiency
• Interviews and evaluates prospective applicants.
• Converts prospects into formal applicants
• As a member of the selection committee reviews and evaluates applications to select qualified applicants for admissions.
• Makes recommendations to financial aid in support of admitted applicants
• Performs pre and post admissions outreach counseling admits, denied and waitlisted candidates.
• Maintains online admissions records.
• Arranges Chinese language tests for applicants.
• Liaisons with the director and staff of the Hopkins-Nanjing Center in China
• Develops professional relationships with faculty at undergraduate institutions with strong Chinese language programs
• Communicates with students, applicants, and faculty regarding admissions process and policies.
• Provides professional guidance to applicants about educational planning.
• Conducts group information sessions for visiting students, open houses and recruitment fairs, etc.
• Coordinates a periodic newsletter
• Works collaboratively to create marketing materials, including recruitment brochures
Web Content Management
• Maintains and updates the Hopkins-Nanjing Center website
• Enters changes to website
• Provides written content for website and/or other forms of electronic communications or marketing materials
• Works collaboratively and regularly with students, applicants, faculty, SAIS deans and administrators, as well as external applicants
• Travels (extensively in the fall) locally, nationally and internationally for networking and other program related activities (seminars, meet with alumni, companies/organizations, etc.)
• Assists in general professional development activities for the Admissions Office.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Application can be made at
Using requisition number 43278.
Posted by zzhu at April 8, 2010 10:06 PM