November 10, 2010
Job opening at the College Board - Assistant Director, Chinese Language and Culture Initiatives
Job ID: SJ20102110-43962
The Assistant Director will manage the daily operations of the Chinese Guest Teacher Program. This program brings teachers from China to teach Chinese language and culture in K-12 schools across the United States. This highly organized individual will work in collaboration with internal and external teams to plan and manage the application process, facilitate on-site and online professional development programs, communicate with teachers and administrators, as well as track and report on program results.
• Develop annual program procedures and timelines. Manage the application process, match teachers and schools, and guide teachers through visa application procedures.
• Coordinate network of field experts consulting for the program and conducting site visits
• Conduct site visits to monitor programs and observe guest teachers.
• Collect and analyze feedback reports from teachers and host school. .
• Prepare, monitor, and reforecast the program budget
• Provide ongoing support to guest teachers on issues related to teaching, living in the U.S., and cultural understanding.
• Coordinate the implementation of on-site and online professional development for teachers and administrators.
• Identify key topics of concern for guest teachers to be addressed through professional development, support resources, and mentoring.
• Communicate regularly with guest teachers and school district representatives and provide a timely response to inquiries.
• Facilitate communication between host institutions and guest teachers and troubleshoot issues.
• Communicate regularly with representatives at collaborating organizations in the U.S. and China about program planning and implementation.
• Manage communication records and program documentation.
• Develop and distribute official program documents, promotional materials, presentations, and other print materials as needed.
• Serve as a program representative at annual orientation and trainings, professional conferences, and other events.
Bachelor’s degree required.
M.A. degree in Education or related degree strongly preferred.
Minimum of 2-3 years Chinese language teaching experience.
Experience working in public K-12 education in teacher and/or administrative capacity preferred.
Related Skills & Other Requirements
Fluent in Mandarin Chinese language and knowledgeable of Chinese culture.
Excellent skills in project and data management.
Ability to be diplomatic and work with other cultures.
Strong organizational skills.
Experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Able to function in a team-oriented unit.
This position will be subject to a background check.
The College Board is dedicated to the principle of equal opportunity and its programs, services and employment policies are guided by that principle.
Desired Travel 25% - 50%
Areas of Expertise Program Management
Highest Level of Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full Time
Location New York, NY
Years of Relevant Experience 2-3
Posted by zzhu at November 10, 2010 08:04 PM