April 21, 2011
The best of Winter 2011!
1. Monday, May 9, 2011: Free concert in Mandarin Chinese and Taiwanese dialects celebrating Amazing Taiwan Music Culture Tour, Farmington Hills.
2. Friday-Saturday, May 20-21: Michigan Meeting "Developing Global Sustainability - U.S./China Partnerships."
3. July 16 - October 23: Major exhibition at the University of Michigan Museum of Art - Multiple Impressions: Contemporary Chinese Woodblock Prints.
Keeping up with the times:
4. Whenever there is a China/U.S. state visit, CCS alumni become extra busy as different media outlets chase after them for insightful commentaries. This January’s U.S. visit by Chinese president Hu Jintao is no exception.
5. U-M history professor and CCS faculty associate Christian de Pee, blogs from the Joint Conference of the Association for Asian Studies and International Convention of Asia Scholars in Honolulu.
6. Attention, iPhone, iPad and Android device users! Install the free Pulse app on your phone and/or tablet and experience CCS blog in a brand new way!
Job hunting for China hands:
7. Manager, Confucius Institute @ China Institute, New York, NY.
8. Coordinator, Year of China at Brown University.
9. Position at Sotheby's: Chinese Works of Art Specialist.
10. NYU in Shanghai is hiring!
Posted by zzhu at April 21, 2011 11:03 PM