June 14, 2011
China program officer, Asia Catalyst
Asia Catalyst partners with activists in Asia to inspire, create and launch innovative, self-sustaining programs and organizations that advance human rights, social justice and environmental protection. We link up Asian community leaders, journalists, activists and lawyers with each other and with international experts who can help them to realize their visions.
For a new two-year NGO capacity-building project to be launched this fall, Asia Catalyst is looking to hire a full-time program manager for its China Program to start September 1, 2011. The position will be based out of our New York office and will be a two-year minimum commitment. The program officer will work closely with the China program director and a program assistant to draft curriculum materials, will use them to conduct small-group trainings of health rights groups in Chinese, and will provide coaching support by telephone and in person in between each training.
• MA/MS or other graduate degree
• Experience teaching middle school or high school
• Fluent spoken and written Mandarin Chinese
• Field experience in China
• Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and grasp of human rights issues facing affected populations
• Willingness to travel frequently to China and ability to work on a flexible schedule to accommodate communications over several time zones
• Excellent problem-solving abilities
• Excellent logistical and communication skills
• Strong team player who can also work independently when needed
• Adventurous and entrepreneurial outlook
• Work collaboratively with program director to outline curricula for quarterly training sessions and draft teaching materials in nonprofit management
• Assist in screening and selecting program participants through application review and interviews
• Cooperate with China-based program assistant to coordinate logistical aspects of quarterly trainings
• Prepare and co-facilitate training sessions in Mandarin Chinese
• Work collaboratively with program director to monitor program quality and impact
• Assist program director in responsible financial management of cohort project
Please write to info[at]asiacatalyst[dot]org with a resume, 2-page writing sample and 1-page cover letter in English describing your experience and qualifications, and provide contact information for two references. Please specify the position for which you are applying. Applicants who do not include all these materials will not be considered. We will only contact applicants we wish to interview. We will begin interviews on July 15th and will accept applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Posted by zzhu at June 14, 2011 11:37 AM