October 16, 2013
The Zeitgeists of Taiwan: Looking Back, Moving Forward
In honor of the 20th anniversary of the North American Taiwan Studies Association (NATSA), we invite paper proposals from scholars in the humanities and social sciences for our June 20-21 anniversary conference to be held at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Sponsored by Academia Sinica’s Institute of Taiwan History and Institute of Sociology and by the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s East Asian Legal Studies Center and Center for East Asian Studies, the theme for our 2014 conference will be “The Zeitgeists of Taiwan: Looking Back, Moving Forward.” We are calling for papers on the main theme or any of our seven sub-themes outlined below from a broad range of social science and humanities disciplines. We are especially excited to offer a new Publication Peer-Review Option to participating junior scholars who may be interested in honing their original articles on Taiwan for publication.
For more information please visit our website at http://www.na-tsa.org/new/
Deadlines and Dates at a Glance:
- January 10, 2014: Individual Paper and Panel Proposal Submissions Due
- January 10, 2014: Polished Drafts Due (only for our Publication Peer Review Option)
- March 7, 2014: Notification of Acceptances
- May 11, 2014: Submission Deadline for Full, Final Conference Draft of All Papers
- June 20-21, 2014: 20th Anniversary Conference at the University of Wisconsin-Madison!
Posted by zzhu at October 16, 2013 10:19 PM