March 07, 2013
University of Michigan Alumni Leaders Event in Beijing, March 16, 2013
Date: Saturday, March 16, 2013 @8:00PM
Address: Havana Club, Grand Millennium Beiijing, Fortune Plaza 7 Dongsanhuan Zhonglu, Chaoyang District
Chinese Address: 朝阳区东三环中路7号财富中心北京千禧大酒店哈瓦那酒吧
What is this event?
At this event we will be focusing on the leaders and academic alumni members of our community. Our goal is to provide a platform where alumni leaders can network amongst each other. We will be focus on developing an Executive Alumni Board and helping the University of Michigan develop 10 research collaborations with Chinese Universities.
In addition we will have a panel discussion with the following leaders of the IT industry: Cloudy Yin, SEM GM of Allyes Group and Brad Stone, China Director at Nexenta Systems.
Who is this event for?
All interested University of Michigan alumni in Beijing
How is this group different from other networking organizations?
- This is Michigan
- We have alumni who are the respective leaders in their field
- We want to get everyone involved! We have several initiatives that are tailored to every U-M alumni these include: Recent graduates / Established professionals / Entrepreneurs
- We have an initiative to encourage U-M alumni members to work on Startup Business projects
- U-M alumni are the brightest and best in their field and this can be a platform to create something
- Collaborate with the University of Michigan with their startup projects (Tech Arb, Planet Blue, M-Cubed, M-Powered)
- Leaders in their respective field: we have an initiative to connect Distinguished Alumni with their counterparts in Beijing; we are building an Executive Alumni Board
- College Professors and administrators: we have an initiative to work with College Professors and administrators to develop 10 research collaborations with the University of Michigan
THESE INITIATIVES WILL BE EXPLAINED IN GREATER DETAIL AT THE EVENT ON SATURDAY!!!
Posted by zzhu at 12:02 AM
August 14, 2011
Alumni in greater China are invited to meet Professor Linda Lim in Shanghai!
What’s Up With the World Economy?
What is China’s Role?
And What Does the Rest of the World Think?
Professor of Strategy
Stephen M. Ross School of Business
University of Michigan
Shanghai, China, August 28, 2011
The summer of 2011 has been a turbulent time for the world economy, what with the prolonged European debt crisis, the equally prolonged domestic political fracas over the U.S. debt-ceiling resulting in S&P’s downgrade of U.S. government debt, Japan’s difficulties recovering from the March earthquake and tsunami and its impact on global manufacturing supply-chains, the end of fiscal and monetary stimulus in the developed world, the rise of inflation and asset-bubble fears in emerging markets, volatility in commodity prices and currencies, and an overall slowdown in global economic recovery from the financial crisis and deep recession of 2007-08. The recent plunge in global stock markets has led to fears that another global recession may be developing.
Prof. Lim will consider the implications of all these global and associated regional developments for China’s evolving role in and impact on the world economy, including currency fluctuations, international trade and investment relations, and the strategies of multinational corporations. She will also discuss views of China’s evolving role among other world economic actors, including the U.S., Europe, Latin America and other Asian countries.
Please e-mail wustefan[at]gmail[dot]com for event information.
Posted by zzhu at 02:56 PM