January 08, 2007
Foreign Research Fellowship Program, American University- Central Asia
The Social Research Center (SRC) at American University - Central Asia (AUCA) is pleased to offer interested foreign scholars (PhD students and post-doctoral fellows) the opportunity to conduct research within the framework of its Foreign Research Fellowship Program at our Bishkek-based research center in Kyrgyzstan. The SRC is an integral part of AUCA, with the mission to promote long-term development of the principles and practice of democracy, rule of law, and social equality in Kyrgyzstan and Central Asia through carrying out research and policy analysis.
Advantages and opportunities of the Foreign Research Fellowship Program at the SRC:
- Ideal surroundings: work and conduct research at one of the leading universities in Central Asia, recognized internationally as a university based on the American liberal arts tradition of free and critical inquiry.
- Beneficial support: benefit from interaction with the AUCA faculty members, local/foreign scholars and students.
- Valuable networking: use our networking capacities to establish contacts with local research institutions, universities, local scholars, non-governmental organizations and many governmental agencies in Kyrgyzstan.
- Perfect working conditions: The SRC will provide a study/work space, access to Internet, computers, printing, copying, faxing, and the university library resources.
The SRC is broadly interested in the political and social development of Kyrgyzstan, with a particular focus on the following areas:
- Migration: The impacts of external and internal migration on economic and social development (Kyrgyzstan and other Central Asian countries)
- Corruption (Kyrgyzstan)
- Islam: political and social aspects (Kyrgyzstan and other Central Asian countries)
- Development of non-governmental organizations in Kyrgyzstan
- Security cooperation in Central Asia
Interested scholars should:
- Preferably be PhD students or post-doctoral fellows.
- Offer a research project related to the research interests of SRC.
- Be willing to submit two research papers per semester (four months)
Period: From one month to one year
Number of Fellowships: SRC can host five Research Fellows at a time.
How to apply:
- Fill out the application form posted on the "Vacancies" section at www.src.auca.kg
- Send the filled out application form, your CV, and any other information related to your application to:
Research Projects Officer
Social Research Center
American University - Central Asia
205 Abdumomunov Street,
Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, 720040
or apply by e-mail: email@example.com
- Please note that your application will be considered by the SRC within 2-3 weeks
For further information:
- If you are interested in finding out more information about current and previous activities of the SRC, please refer to our website: www.src.auca.kg
- If you would like to find out more about American University - Central Asia, please refer to: http://www.auca.kg/
- For further inquires or information on your application status, please contact Alexander Pugachev at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The SRC will provide
- assistance in arranging visas
- support in finding accommodation in Bishkek.
Unfortunately, the SRC does not have the ability to cover
- travel, accommodation, health insurance or any other related expenses.
Posted by idareyou at January 8, 2007 11:27 AM