May 04, 2010
Visiting Research Fellowships, Social Research Center, AUCA, Bishkek
Visiting Research Fellow, Social Research Center, American University of Central Asia, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Position: Visiting Research Fellow
Host institution: Social Research Center at American University of Central Asia (www.src.auca.kg)
Period: From 1 months to 1 year
The Social Research Center (SRC) at American University of Central Asia (AUCA) is pleased to offer interested scholars (PhD students and post-doctoral fellows only) the opportunity to conduct research within the framework of its Visiting Research Fellowship Program at our Bishkek-based research center in Kyrgyzstan. The SRC is an integral part of AUCA, with the mission to promote long-term development of the principles and practice of democracy, rule of law, and social equality in Kyrgyzstan and Central Asia through carrying out research and policy analysis.
Advantages and opportunities of the Foreign Research Fellowship Program at the SRC:
* Ideal surroundings: work and conduct research at one of the leading universities in Central Asia, internationally recognized as a university based on the American liberal arts tradition of free and critical inquiry.
* Beneficial support: benefit from interaction with the AUCA faculty members, local/foreign scholars and students.
* Valuable networking: use our networking capacities to establish contacts with local research institutions, universities, local scholars, non-governmental organizations and governmental agencies in Kyrgyzstan.
* Perfect working conditions: SRC will provide access to Internet, computers, printing, copying, faxing, and the university library resources.
The SRC is broadly interested in the political and social development of Kyrgyzstan, with a particular focus on the following areas:
* Migration: The impacts of external and internal migration on economic and social development (Kyrgyzstan and other Central Asian countries)
* Corruption (Kyrgyzstan)
* Islam: political and social aspects (Kyrgyzstan and other Central Asian countries)
* Development of civil society in Kyrgyzstan
Interested scholars should
* Be PhD students or post-doctoral fellows
* Offer a research project related to the research interests of SRC
* Be willing to submit a research paper every 1-2 months of fellowship at SRC
From one month to one year
Number of Fellowships:
SRC can host up to five Research Fellows at a time.
How to apply
* Fill out the application form posted on the "Research Fellowship" section at www.src.auca.kg
* Send the filled out application form, your CV, and any other information related to your application to:
Ms. Ainura Asamidinova
Research Projects Officer
Social Research Center
American University of Central Asia
205 Abdumomunov Street
Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, 720040
or apply by e-mail: email@example.com
Please note that your application will be considered by the SRC within 2-3 weeks.
For further information
* If you are interested in finding out more information about current and previous activities of the SRC, please refer to our website: www.src.auca.kg
* If you would like to find out more about American University of Central Asia, please refer to: www.auca.kg
* For further inquires or information on your application status, please contact Ms. Ainura Asamidinova at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The SRC provides the following logistical support:
* assistance in arranging visas
* support in finding accommodation in Bishkek.
* support in arranging airport pick-up.
Unfortunately, the SRC does not have the capacity to cover travel, accommodation, health insurance or any other related expenses.
Posted by uunguyen at May 4, 2010 09:01 AM