April 26, 2012
Internship: International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Tajikistan
Internship (unpaid), IOM Mission in Tajikistan
Duration: 3-4 months
IOM is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and the society at large. The IOM Mission in Tajikistan currently operates in a variety of programme areas, including Facilitating Migration, Migration for Development, Migration Health, Counter-Trafficking, and Policy & Research.
The overall objective of this assignment is to support IOM and its NGO partners in the smooth implementation of ongoing projects.
Under the direct supervision of the National Programme Manager, the successful candidate is expected to perform the below tasks.
* Compile success stories, best practices, and lessons learned from ongoing projects
* Contribute to the publication of the organization's quarterly newsletter
* Assist project unit's in developing improved public communications and outreach
* Assist in the preparation of donor reports and grant proposals
* Represent the organization in meetings and conferences, as needed
* Support IOM Mission with additional tasks, as needed
* Currently enrolled in undergraduate or Master's degree programme in relevant field of study
* Experience conducting field and desk research
* Strong computer literacy and analytical skills
* Solid written and verbal communication skills
* Previous experience living or working in a developing country preferred
* Fluency in English required
* Knowledge of Russian and/or Tajik desired
As an integral part of the internship, the successful candidate will:
* Gain experience in the field of migration management through interaction with IOM specialists
* Gain experience related to IOM service delivery
* Gain expertise in project development, revision, implementation and, in general, overall management
Interested individuals should email their CV, statement of interest (cover letter), and contact information for two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line of your email: "Application: Summer Intern".
Posted by juliahla at April 26, 2012 03:55 PM