« CFP Conference: Society for Socialist Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org | Main | CFP Conference: From the New Socialist Person to Global Mental Health: the Psy-ences and Mental Health in East Central Europe and Eurasia »
October 12, 2012
CFP: The Business of Language: Educating the Next Generation of Global Professionals
Deadline: November 8, 2012
Indiana University's Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) invites you to join us and all co-sponsoring CIBERs in Bloomington from April 4th through 6th for the 2013 Business Language Conference entitled The Business of Language: Educating the Next Generation of Global Professionals. The theme intends to generate an exchange of ideas and development of actions on how to make the teaching of business language and culture a priority in the academic setting. We invite proposals for presentations that will support this theme.
Topics could include but are not limited to:
* Critical language needs at the state, national, or international level
* Meeting cross-cultural communication needs for professional contexts
* Curriculum development to meet the needs of a specific business or profession
* Research and pedagogy in experiential business language education
* Innovative teaching techniques in curriculum development
* Methods and tools to set and assess learning outcomes
* Best practices for Languages for Specific Purposes
Proposal submissions are due on November 8, 2012. Details on the submission guidelines can be found at http://kelley.iu.edu/cblc/.
Posted by jychai at October 12, 2012 12:01 PM