January 08, 2013
CFP Workshop: Ethnicity and Power
Deadline: February 15, 2013
12th INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP
Ethnicity and power: collective memory and technologies of identity construction
May 20-25, 2013
Yalta (Crimea, Ukraine)
Our discourse shall include the following topics:
• Collective memory as a socio-political phenomenon;
• Practices of identity construction: past and present;
• Religious and ethnic identity as an object of manipulation technologies;
• The ratio of regional, ethnic and civic identity;
• Historians and their role in the development and construction of collective memory;
• Conflicts of values and new challenges of the European identity;
• Political myths and ethno-cultural stereotypes;
• Minority rights: European and post-Soviet reality;
• Management of ethno-political conflict: theoretical and practical problems;
• Limits of tolerance in inter-ethnic relations as a problem of political theory and practice;
• Strategy and tactics of ethno-political management;
• The role of mass media in ethnic conflict;
• Social networks and social capital as factors of sustainable multi-ethnic civil society;
• Linguistic aspects of intercultural communications.
The list of issues is open for continuation.
The Round table “Orthodox Identity and Civilizational Models of the Modern World” will be held within the framework of the Workshop (in commemoration of Alexander Panarin).
TAURIDA NATIONAL V.I.VERNADSKY UNIVERSITY (Ukraine), NORWEGIAN HUMANIST ASSOCIATION, NETWORK OF CULTURAL EXCHANGE AND INTERETHNIC TRUST (Ukraine)
Dr.Kjartan Selnes, Advisor in Social Science and Philosophy, Norwegian Humanist Association, Oslo, Norway
Dr.Tatyana Senyushkina, Professor of the Department of Political Science and International Relations at Taurida National V.I. Vernadsky University (Ukraine), Director of the Network of Cultural Exchange and Interethnic Trust http://www.tnu.crimea.ua/person_page/senyushkina/index.htm
Abstracts will be published before beginning of the workshop. The best papers will be published in Norway in result of the workshop.
Registration fee: 100 USD to be paid upon arrival, for an accompanying person – 50 USD.
Registration fee includes conference materials (badge, program, list of participants), coffee breaks, welcoming dinner and concert, publication of the paper in workshop proceedings and certificate of participation.
Languages: English, Russian, Ukrainian
To participate in the Workshop, please send your application and 3-pages abstract no later than February 15, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Posted by jychai at January 8, 2013 04:22 PM