June 11, 2013
Job: Part-time Russian, Mandarin Chinese and Arabic Teachers
Part-time Russian, Mandarin Chinese and Arabic Teachers needed
Cloudberry Language School is a new generation language school that focuses on teaching some of the world’s most widespread languages which are not taught as commonly in the U.S. - Russian, Mandarin Chinese and Arabic. At Cloudberry we offer corporate training and fun pre-travel classes. We also have separate programs for children who speak another language at home.
Learn more about Cloudberry, an expert in creating cross-cultural understanding and fostering bilingualism at: www.cloudberrylanguageschool.com
Cloudberry is looking for flexible, well-rounded and passionate teachers of Russian, Mandarin Chinese and Arabic languages and culture.
1. BA, MA desired
2. Understanding the second language acquisition process and teaching techniques
3. Ability to communicate with different people and incorporate fun activities (both with adults and children)
4. Ability to create engaging, effective and interesting lessons based on practical materials
5. Enthusiasm for culture and language
6. A desire to learn and attend training sessions
7. Motivation to grow in foreign language education
8. Proficiency in English (and the target language)
9. Experience teaching foreign languages is desired
Cloudberry provides training to all new teachers.
Developing and implementing communicative, task-based, student-centered, and proficiency-oriented learning activities in accordance with course requirements
Explaining concepts clearly and coherently to students and providing constructive feedback to students in a timely manner.
Assisting with the evaluation of students as necessary
Participating in field trips within the Chicago area
Holding lessons that include survival, familiarization, language/regional expertise/culture, initial acquisition, sustainment/enhancement, situational, and live environment training
Part-time, different locations in Chicago and the suburbs, work on evenings and weekends is possible, work with adults and/or children at all levels of proficiency.
Opportunity for training and development in foreign language education
Free lessons for teachers and their children
Community of like-minded professionals
Opportunity to provide the local communities with a global perspective
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by sarayu at June 11, 2013 03:26 PM