July 19, 2013
JOB: Dean of International Programs, European University at St. Petersburg
European University at St. Petersburg invites application for the position of its Dean of International Programs
Dean of EUSP International Programs leads the Department of International Programs (DIP) which is at the core of the internationalization strategy and activities of EUSP. With IMARES program started in 1998, it has the longest history in Russia of delivering international-standard MA education in Russian and Eurasian studies to students mostly from North America and Western Europe with occasional involvement of other parts of the world. DIP is a small and very dynamic unit pushing forward the frontiers of internationalization for the whole country, pioneering international programs not only in Russian and Eurasian politics, history and societies, but also in culture and the arts (MARCA program) and energy politics (ENERPO). DIP constantly works on quality assurance, involvement of the best international teaching staff and program promotion to a wider geography of students through a growing scholarship base.
The Dean of EUSP International Programs:
• Bears the ultimate responsibility for the success of DIP’s work including coordination of the directors of the three MA programs, overall development and promotion, and strategic planning and control of implementation.
• Works closely with the EUSP Rectorate on university strategic development including establishment of new programs, professorships/chairs, launch of new centers, raising funds for more scholarships, and introducing a practice of internships.
• Has knowledge of the current direction of Russian and Eurasian Studies scholarship and insight into what EUSP can offer in terms of international education outside area studies.
• Has clear understanding of current and future financial resources needed to realize the DIP’s plans.
• Develops strategic partnerships and associations to achieve the EUSP’s goals in the sphere of international educational.
Responsibilities also include:
• Submission of an annual budget for the Rectorate’s approval.
• Quality assurance to match the best international teaching and study practices.
• Overseeing the advertising activities of the DIP staff (brochures/posters, websites, conference participation, information sessions and tours etc).
• Development of the DIP network and building new collaboration links.
• Optimization of the use of resources.
Required qualifications:• Experience in organization and management of educational programs.
• Native or near native command of English and Russian.
• PhD or equivalent in social sciences or humanities in the area of Russian and/or Eurasian studies.
Compensation: EUSP offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
If the qualifications can be met, a substantive letter of interest directed to the Search Committee accompanied by a career summary or bio (not more than 250 words), a current résumé or CV, and the names and titles of three references with complete contact information must be sent to email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org.
Screening begins September 1, 2013 until the position is filled.
Posted by bkohlerk at July 19, 2013 04:00 PM