October 04, 2013
CFA: Faculty Research in International Business Award Competition 2014
Deadline: November 25, 2014
The Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER)/ Global Initiatives announces its faculty research awards for 2014. This competition is open to all full-time faculty in all University of Michigan schools and departments. For more information contact Vicki Simon at (734) 936-3917 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards are made by the CIBER executive committee. Faculty from all disciplines are eligible, including political science, economics, sociology, anthropology, communications, psychology, engineering, law, public policy, public health, and education, as well as all business disciplines. The committee uses the following criteria, presented in their order of importance:
1. The extent to which the project makes an original, practical, and significant addition to our knowledge and understanding of international business.
2. Cost-effective and realistic design of the research project. Research methodologies, the qualifications of the applicant(s), and the project budget will be taken into account.
3. The extent to which the project contributes to the professional development of the faculty participants.
Samples of funded proposals may be viewed if requested.
The application has three parts:
1. Research narrative, maximum of two-thousand words. Describe your research objectives, the design of the project, your qualifications and those of any collaborators, and the research output to be generated. Explain your motivation for pursuing the project and the contribution the proposed research will make to your career development.
2. A one-page, detailed budget and justification that adheres to the allowable expenses described above and includes short explanations of unusual items. Be sure to include any other committed or potential funding sources in your budget. You only need to show a budget for the first year of multi-year projects. Expenditures for the first budget may begin on 10/1/2013 and must conclude by 9/30/2014.
3. Curriculum vitae for all faculty participants.
Mail proposal to:
Center for International Business Education & Research/ Global Initiatives
Stephen M. Ross School of Business
701 Tappan Street, K3340
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1234
Or e-mail proposals to email@example.com
Proposals may be submitted on or before 25 November 2013. The committee meets in early December, and we anticipate that decisions will be announced before the semester break.
Posted by jmkirsch at October 4, 2013 11:25 AM