« CFA: Mellon Fellowships for Dissertation Research in Original Sources | Main | CFA: One-year Faculty Fellow in Russian/Soviet history, 2013-4 (Colby College) »

October 04, 2013

Fellowships & Funding: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace

Deadline: January 15, 2014

The Endowment offers approximately 10 one-year
fellowships to uniquely qualified graduating seniors and individuals
who have graduated during the past academic year to work as research
assistants to the Endowment's senior associates.

Junior Fellows provide research assistance to
scholars working on the Carnegie Endowment’s programs. Junior Fellows
have the opportunity to conduct research for books, co-author journal
articles and policy papers, participate in meetings with high-level
officials, contribute to congressional testimony, and organize
briefings attended by scholars, journalists, and government
officials. The sponsor's programs areas are: Democracy; Nuclear
Policy; Energy and Climate; Middle East Studies — Native or
near-native Arabic language skills essential; South Asian Studies —
Strong background in international relations, strategy and military
issues, comparative politics, and/or international political economy
is essential. Quantitative data manipulation skills essential (fluency
in R, SPSS, or Stata a plus). Note: Foreign language skills not
required; China Studies (Asia Program) — Mandarin Chinese reading
skills a huge plus; Japan Studies (Asia Program) — Japanese language
skills required; Southeast Asian Studies (Asia Program) — Background
in politics and economics of the region and knowledge of quantitative
techniques a plus; Economics (Asia Program) — Mandarin Chinese reading
skills a huge plus; and Russian and Eurasian Studies — Excellent
Russian language skills required.

E-mail: jrfellowinfo@carnegieendowment.org
Web Site: http://www.carnegieendowment.org/about/index.cfm?fa=jrFellows
Program URL: http://www.carnegieendowment.org/about/index.cfm?fa=FAQ

Applicants must be graduating seniors or students who have
graduated during the last academic year. No one who has started
graduate studies is eligible for consideration (except in cases where
the student has completed a joint bachelor's/master’s degree program).
The Carnegie Endowment accepts applications only through participating
universities via designated nominating officials. You need not be a
U.S. citizen if you attend a university located in the United States.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States for a
full 12 months from August 1 through July 31 following graduation.
Students on F-1 visas who are eligible to work in the United States
for the full year (August 1 through July 31) may apply for the
program. If you attend a participating school outside of the United
States, you must be a U.S. citizen (due to work permit

Posted by jmkirsch at October 4, 2013 11:33 AM