November 18, 2013
CFA: Assistant Professor in Philology at Higher School of Economics, Moscow
Deadline: January 13, 2104
The Higher School of Economics invites applications for full-time, tenure-track positions of Assistant Professor, or higher, in the Faculty of Philology in Moscow, Russia.
We welcome candidates in all subfields and notably in languages and literatures, linguistics and computational linguistics.
- Internationally competitive сompensation package, 13% flat income tax rate and other benefits
- Generous travel support and research grants provided by the university’s Centre for Advanced Studies (www.cas.hse.ru)
- Low teaching load
- Heavy emphasis on high quality research
- Ph.D. in Philology/Linguistics or related fields
- Fluent English (knowledge of Russian is an asset, but not required)
- Ability and high motivation to conduct high-quality research publishable in reputable peer-reviewed journals and international university presses
Generally appointments will be made for an initial three-year period and upon successful completion of an interim review, contracts would normally be extended for a further three years until the tenure review.
Please provide a CV, at least 2 letters of reference forwarded directly, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper. All materials should be addressed to Martin Gilman, Director, Centre for Advanced Studies at email@example.com no later than January 13, 2014.
Posted by jmkirsch at November 18, 2013 11:48 AM