November 19, 2013
CFA: Jobs - Higher School of Economics, Moscow: Director of International Relations
Deadline: November 26, 2013
Top Managerial Jobs at the Higher School of Economics, Moscow:
Director of International Relations
The Higher School of Economics is the university that leads the reform in Russian higher education. The HSE Director of International Relations leads the Department of International Relations (DIR, Дирекция по международным связям) which is at the core of the HSE internationalization strategy and activities. The Department consists of the HSE Office of International Cooperation (information and analysis unit, organizational unit), the HSE Office of International Mobility (mobility support unit, study abroad unit, visas and registration unit), regional cooperation centers (e.g. French center) and the center for degree recognition.
The Director of International Relations:
* Helps the university leadership to set the main objectives and to develop strategic partnerships and associations to achieve the HSE's main goal of becoming a globally competitive university;
* Is one of the key promoters of HSE around the world significantly contributing to the preparation of high quality promotional materials;
* Sets the tasks for the subordinate heads of centers and offices and their subunits, controls the implementation;
* Coordinates the budgeting and reporting processes;
* Organizes monitoring and analytical work as well as intra-university information regarding international cooperation and development;
* Facilitates joint projects with HSE international partners;
* Coordinates the international protocol services to the university top management and establishes the framework of support to departments in terms of preparation of and support to university-wide international events;
* Interacts with the governmental bodies in facilitating the internationalization progress.
Qualifications and qualities:
* Vision, knowledge, skill and will;
* Good sense of an internationalization mission and priorities, goal-orientation;
* Experienced manager and good communicator able to ignite the team;
* Good planner budgeter and reporter;
* Ability to quickly develop an understanding of current and future financial resources needed to realize the Department's and the University's plans;
* Very good oral and written English, good presentation skills;
* Native or near native Russian;
* Acute sense of responsibility coupled with ability to offer non-standard solutions to problems;
* Ability to analyze large amounts of information and structure it according to the task of the Department.
The Director of International Relations bears the ultimate responsibility for the success of the Department's work, reports to the HSE Vice-Rector for International Affairs and works closely with the HSE Rectorate.
Compensation: HSE offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If the qualifications can be met, a letter of interest accompanied by a current resume and the names and titles of two references with complete contact information must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Screening begins November 26, 2013 until the position is filled.
Posted by sarayu at November 19, 2013 01:34 PM