July 19, 2011
DISTINGUISHED FELLOWSHIP ON CONTEMPORARY SOUTHEAST ASIA
The National University of Singapore (NUS) and Stanford University
(Stanford) are pleased to announce that applications are welcome between now and 1 September 2011 for the 2011-12 Lee Kong Chian NUS-Stanford Distinguished Fellowship on Southeast Asia. Interested individuals with backgrounds or positions in the social sciences or humanities are encouraged to apply. Candidates may be of any nationality or seniority.
Two candidates may be awarded fellowships to spend up to six months between 15 October 2011 and 30 June 2012, divided between residences at NUS and at Stanford, writing and conducting research on, or related to, contemporary Southeast Asia. Fellows will also have opportunities to speak and take part in seminars and workshops organized by relevant campus units. In determining the overall length of the fellowship and the sequencing and lengths of the stays at each campus, the preferences of the fellow concerned will be taken into account.
Each fellowship will cover air travel in the form of one roundtrip economy-class airfare from the fellow's country of residence to the two campuses, flight-related ground transportation, and a stipend of US$ 7500 per month during the fellowship period.
Applicants should submit the following six (6) items:
(1) a project statement (not exceeding three pages) that addresses the candidate's research project's central analytic question(s), explains its intellectual contribution to scholarship on Southeast Asia, and describes the writing and research envisaged during the fellowship. The statement should also clearly state the specific research outcomes envisaged.
(2) a schedule of the proposed fellowship period including dates of anticipated residence at NUS and at Stanford.
(3) a sample of published, English-language work by the candidate that is directly or indirectly related to the research project.
(4) the candidate's full curriculum vitae including a list of publications.
(5) full contact information, including email addresses, for three academic referees who are able, if asked, to evaluate the proposal and the candidate.
(6) full contact information for the applicant including an email address.
Applications should be sent simultaneously to both NUS and Stanford:
NUS - Lee Kong Chian NUS-SU Initiative on Southeast Asia, Division of Research and Graduate Studies, Dean's Office, FASS, National University of Singapore, The Shaw Foundation Building, 5 Arts Link, Block AS7, Level 6, Singapore 117570.
firstname.lastname@example.org; tel (65) 6516 7035, 6516 7386; fax (65) 6773 6878.
Stanford - Lee Kong Chian NUS-SU Initiative on Southeast Asia,
Southeast Asia Forum, Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center, Encina Hall E-301, Stanford University, 616 Serra Street, Stanford, CA 94305-6055, USA.
email@example.com; tel: (650) 724 6403; fax (650) 650 723 6530.
Posted by katemw at July 19, 2011 01:05 PM