May 07, 2012
4th International Conference on Vietnamese Studies
THE FOURTH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
ON VIETNAMESE STUDIES
Hanoi, 26-28 November 2012
After twenty five years of reform, development and integration, Vietnam has gained enormous achievements with historical significance. Since 2011, Vietnam’s entered a new stage of a middle income developing country in the new context of the region and the world with rapid, complex and unpredictable changes. Great opportunities blended with great challenges are in many aspects affecting Vietnam, a country is pushing up the overall process of reform and putting utmost effort in developing fast and sustainably, proactively and actively integrating in depth with the world to create the strong foundation so that by 2020 she will basically become a modern-oriented industrialized nation for the highest objective of comprehensive development for the Vietnamese people.
From the requirement to develop the country in the new context of the region and the world,the Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam has assigned the Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences and Vietnam National University, Hanoi to co-organize The Fourth International Conference on Vietnamese Studies with the theme Vietnam on the Road to Integration and Sustainable Development. The Conference will be held at Vietnam National Convention Centre, Hanoi, Vietnam from 26 till 28 November, 2012.
The Conference is a Forum for scholars of Vietnamese Studies all over the world to present their research findings and make academic exchanges with colleagues about the Theme which is much interested by Vietnam. At the same time, the Conference is also a great opportunity for Vietnamese and international Vietnamologists to meet and discuss to strengthen research collaboration among scholars inside and outside Vietnam.
The Conference is divided into the following fifteen panels:
1. Vietnamese history: tradition and modernity
2. Culture and cultural exchanges in intergration and sustainable developement
3. Vietnamese economy in integration and sustainable development
4. Society and social management in integration and sustainable development
5. Ethnicity and religion in integration and sustainable development
6. Environment and climate changes in sustainable development
7. Renewal of the legal system in integration and sustainable development
8. Language, Literature and Art in integration and sustainable development
9. Education, training, sciences and technology and human resource development in integration and sustainable development
10. Vietnam rural areas in integration and sustainable development
11. Urban and urbanization in integration and sustainable development
12. Training on Vietnamese studies in integration and sustainable development
13. Area studies
14. Vietnam’s relations with the region and the world in integration and sustainable development
15. Resources for Vietnamese studies.
The Organizing Committee would like to invite scholars and scientists who are interested in Vietnamese Studies, especially in the theme: Vietnam on the Road to Integration and Sustainable Development, to contribute papers and participate in the Conference.
The official languages to be used in the Conference are Vietnamese and English.
- Registration Forms and abstracts are welcome from 1st May to 30th June 2012.
- The full papers should be submitted from 1st August to 15th September 2012.
- The official invitation letter will be sent to participants from 15th September to 15th October 2012.
Please send your comments, registration form, abstract and full paper to the address below:
ICVNS2012 Organizing Committee Office
Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences (VASS)
Room 102, Block A, No.1A, Lieu Giai Street, Ba Dinh district,
Tel / Fax: +84.4.62730472
Vu Duc Liem
Hanoi National University of Education, VIETNAM
& Southeast Asian Studies Program
Chulalongkorn University, THAILAND
Posted by katemw at May 7, 2012 09:29 AM