August 30, 2013
CFP: International Conference on Heritage/Community Languages
Call for Papers
Second International Conference on Heritage/Community Languages
March 7-8, 2014
Covel Commons @ UCLA
Submission Deadline: September 30, 2013
Our conference will focus on heritage/community language studies as a multidisciplinary field. We seek submissions from disciplines including but not limited to anthropology, demographics, linguistics, sociology, applied linguistics, policy, psychology, bilingualism, education, and assessment. You are invited to submit a proposal for a poster, a paper, or a panel. (A panel submission can accommodate up to four individual papers under a common theme.)
Proposal submission is a 2-step process:
1) Please file your proposal for a poster, a paper, or a panel, here 2014conf.nhlrc.ucla.edu/default.aspx?cmd=default\home. Before submitting, you will be required to register and create a password, and then can log in to the system to submit your proposal.
2) In addition, to facilitate review and program organization, please complete an information form here forms.international.ucla.edu/ApplicationForm.aspx?Ev-x70LO46hTY9x4yOltT_Q2LlB7EEo3rfAYu8yUekM=.
(Please make sure to complete both these steps. Proposals will go out for external review, and our database capacity does not allow us to have a single submission site that can simultaneously process submissions, reviews, and program organization.)
Registration will open in November, 2013. Registration fees are as follows: REGISTRATION REDUCED
We are pleased to announce that registration fees are reduced due to a generous contribution from UCLA. Registration will include two lunches and a reception on Friday night.
• Early registration (from opening through February 7, 2014): $180 for registrants other than graduate students; $100 for graduate students
• Registration after February 7: $225 for registrants other than graduate students; $150 for graduate students
• $75 to attend a pre-conference workshop on Thursday, March 6, from 4-7 p.m.: “Attending to the Needs of Heritage Language Learners in Mixed Classrooms.” Workshop registration will be available on the main conference registration site.
Questions Re Abstract Submission, Contact: Susie Bauckus email@example.com
General Questions? Contact: Gerda Lobo firstname.lastname@example.org; Claire Chik email@example.com
Posted by katemw at August 30, 2013 07:34 PM