September 29, 2009
Adding a module to Drupal 6.x
I am going to go over how to add a module to the Drupal core installation. These directions are for development site that is hosted locally.
Note that I am loosely following this website.
1. At your Drupal site, go to Administer > Site Building > Modules to view the modules you currently have access to and if they are enabled.
2. Next, go get the Views module. This is the file I get: views-6.x-2.6.tar.gz
3. Create a folder within etc/drupal/6/sites/ to contain non-core modules.
$ sudo mkdir /etc/drupal/6/sites/all/
$ sudo mkdir /etc/drupal/6/sites/all/modules/
Note: You may not need the /6/ or the "sudo" to accomplish this.
4. Extract the views tar file
$ cd /etc/drupal/6/sites/all/modules/
$ sudo tar xvzf /home/data/Desktop/views-6.x-2.6.tar.gz
5. I then return to the drupal site Administer > Site Building > Modules and refresh the page. Check the modules you want to add and click Save Configuration.
Posted by kkwaiser at September 29, 2009 05:08 AM