November 25, 2009
Creating a final version of the UMBS bibliography
Here's a laundry list of things that need to happen in order to get the UMBS bibliography into a final version that will be meticulously maintained and updated:
- Meet with Melissa Gomis/ Laurie Sutch of the UM library to address the following:
- What are the pro's and con's of different software options? EndNote,
Refworks, a relational database built from scratch.
- How to guard against loss of information when transferring between
tagging formats (e.g., EndNote to RIS)?
- Other best practices to implement to protect the integrity of the
bibliography as it grows?
Other points to address:
- Need to develop a final version of Gazetteer where the exact spelling is noted.
- Then adjust the Gaz locations in the Bibliography to match exactly.
- Gaz locations in Bibliography will be moved to Research notes (Field %< in Endnote, RN in RIS)
- Remove reference to any Procite Fields
- What is "ProCite Field "? Usually has an "e" or "f" and is called "Title" inside ProCite software.
- Add Accession Numbers with pattern umbs.x (where 'x' is a unique, incremented number: umbs.1, umbs.2, umbs.3)
- Remove Short Title (%! in EndNote, ST in RIS) if it exactly matches Title (%T/TI)
- Remove Date (%8/DA) if it exactly matches Year (%D/PY)
- Add any articles Bob has added to his version of the Bibliography
- Place a copy of the Final version of the Bibliography onto DeepBlue
- Maintain ONE working copy, store it on the department space so it is accessible to Bob and Kyle
- Go to UMBS to meet with Bob and hammer out the approximately 50 entrees that are still unresolved. Also add any entrees that Bob has added to his version since August.
Posted by kkwaiser at November 25, 2009 10:57 AM