March 18, 2010
More on Images in Drupal
One of my goals with the alpha site is to get Bob up and running on a blog. In order to do this, I need to figure out how to handle the images. Here are notes:
MustardSeed has a great video on the Insert module which covers one way to insert photos into blogs and other text bodies.
Lullabot has a good video (quality is so-so) on the Image Resize Filter.
These are the recommended modules:
- WYSIWYG - I currently have this installed on the original demosite. You also need to download a third-party editor. From what I can tell, FCKeditor is a good way to go. The newest version is now named CKeditor, apparently.
- CCK and CCK FileField (a CCK sub-module)
- ImageField allows you to create an image field type for custom content types.
- They say ImageField pairs very well with ImageCache. A closer look at imageCache indicates a lot of dependencies (i.e., baggage) which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid at this point...
- The Insert module "makes inserting images and links to files into text areas or WYSIWYGs much easier."
- The Image Resize Filter Module allows the user to easily resize images in a text body. When the content is posted the resized image is the only image available (e.g., right-click, view image will show the same size image. People are apparently enthused about this but I'm not fully sure why.)
Posted by kkwaiser at March 18, 2010 09:09 AM