April 06, 2010
How to create webforms in Drupal
How to create a webform in Drupal.
You've installed the Webform module into sites/all/modules but not enabled it.
Webform Documentation and Project homepage: http://drupal.org/project/webform (notice Documentation tab)
- go to http://blah.lsa.umich.edu/alpha/login
- You can change your password and find other information at the "My Account" link
2) Enable the Webform module (if it's not already):
- Administer > Site Building > Modules
- Find and Check on the Webform box > Save Configuration (at bottom of page)
3) Start a new Webform:
- Create content > Webform (URL: ~node/add/webform)
4) Complete Configuration Section
- Confirmation Message
- URL Path settings
- There's a lot more on this first page, ask Kyle or check Documentation for help
- Save and note the URL
5) Add Form Components
- Click on Edit > Form Components (it's tabbed)
- Enter a component name (e.g. First Name)
- Choose a field type (e.g. textfield)
- Is this field Mandatory? Should it be emailed to you (or others)?
- Click Add
- Set further options such as defaults, lengths, etc.
- Click Submit
6) Check your changes by clicking on View
7) Continue adding fields
- Make sure to make note of the different Types
8) Move form from testing environment to production
- Once you form is perfect, I believe we can transfer it to the live site by using this module: http://drupal.org/project/node_clone
Posted by kkwaiser at April 6, 2010 03:09 PM