September 01, 2010
Revisiting the Taxonomy XML module
I decided to try out the Taxonomy XML module's web service support again. Made a bit more progress this time but am not convinced this is a better solution than building my own species taxonomic vocabulary in Drupal.
Here are the notes:
1) Installed the latest dev version of Taxonomy XML (6.x-2.x-dev).
2) Enabled the Taxonomy GUID and Taxonomy Import/Export via XML
3) Import a taxonomy
- Browse to admin/content/taxonomy/import
- Target Vocabulary: Create New
- Data Source: Web Service
- Taxonomy Server: Biodiversity ... LSID Web Resolver
- Unique Identifier for this service: urn:lsid:ubio.org:namebank:11815
Note: Example LSID taken from the LSID Web Resolver website.
- Optionally enable the "Recurse down the taxonomy tree"
4) Checking out new taxonomy
A taxonomy is actually created
It doesn't appear to read the schema correctly as the names are almost all incorrect (the LSID is used in place of the actual name.)
Descriptions don't seem to appear either.
Hierarchy seems to import correctly.
Recursion option seems to work
Final point worth mentioning is that there doesn't seem to be a search function (within the LSID resolver) meaning you need to know the full LSID before you can import.
Posted by kkwaiser at September 1, 2010 11:43 AM