December 06, 2010
Establishing Workflow for Researcher Products
The concept is relatively straightforward, establish a workflow system around researcher-created products to ensure content isn't published prematurely.
- Abundantly obvious as to which state is appropriate at a given time
- Publication of content is the final step
- Three Statuses:
1) In progress - researcher is actively editing the content, accessible to the Content Owner and site Administrator. NOT PUBLISHED
2) Ready for review - content is ready to be published (i.e. version 1 is complete). Administrator should check for keywords and web-necessary index terms. NOT PUBLISHED
3) Published - Researcher and Administrator agree all Content is ready for public release.
Rules to implement:
At this point, only the Statuses exist but rules can be added to send out email notifications upon Content creation or Content publication.
Posted by kkwaiser at December 6, 2010 09:20 AM