January 06, 2011
How to for Drupals Devel Module
I've been wanting to write this one for a while. This will be my second install and use of the Devel Module. Here are my steps:
1. Download and enable Devel
- No sub-modules needed at this point
- run update.php
2. Check/adjust permissions (admin/user/permissions)
- Give admin everything
3. Check Devel settings (admin/settings/devel)
- defaults for now
4. Enable Devel-created Blocks (admin/build/block)
- Development and Execute PHP are the blocks I've enables. Be sure to make them visible to the Administrator role and NOBODY ELSE.
- For some unjustifiable reason these blocks only appear on the block admin page (Marinelli theme) but not on any other pages (Garland theme).
Nevermind, apparently when you have multiple themes on a site you need to enable the block on each theme. This post tipped me off.
5. Further notes
- After enabling Devel, each node will have a new Devel tab where you can see the components of the node (e.g, arrays and shit), tokens and other stuffs.
Posted by kkwaiser at January 6, 2011 03:33 PM