January 11, 2011
Setup Google Analytics for Drupal6
Here are the steps (as I remember them). You don't need to add the code to every page:
1) Install and enable Google Analytics
2) Check permissions
3) Configure GA (i.e., specify roles to track)
4) Register site with GA
- Create New Website Profile (enter URL)
- Copy Web Property ID to GA config in Drupal
- Verify Site Ownership? - This part is a bit fuzzy but you may need to place an html file in the root web directory to prove you are the site admin.
5) Configure reports and wait. It will take up to 1-2 days for data to kick-in.
Posted by kkwaiser at January 11, 2011 10:10 AM