« Google Indexing speed | Main | Something to look forward to... »

March 31, 2011

Adding stable file download links to the Research Bibliography - Part 2

So, Jim Ottaviani, who puts the DeepBlue into DeepBlue, got back to me with questions on how much overlap exists between our collections. Yes, this is the question I tried to head-off but it failed, obviously. To get a rough idea, I compared the publication lists of UMBS and DeepBlue for two authors BT Hazlett and BA Hazlett. I came up with these statistics:

23 - number of publications listed with UMBS
31 - number of publications listed with DeepBlue
35% - percent of UMBS Pubs found in the entire DeepBlue collection (i.e., pubs in common)
38% - percent of pubs in common found in UMBS' DeepBlue Collection
25% - percent of pubs in common that had minor differences in the title

This is not a random sample but the take home messages appear to be:
1) There is significant - but hardly complete - overlap between the collections
2) Title is an easy but incomplete way to match.
3) Incidentally, the differences in the titles occurred in the last few words
4) We'll need to search the entire DeepBlue collection, not just UMBS' portion.

Questions:
1) Do we know perl regular expressions? I don't.
2) How many items pubs/papers are in the entire DeepBlue collection?

Raw data below the fold.

ID, In DBlue?, In UMBS DBlue Collection?,Notes
21, Yes, Yes,
22, Yes, No,
23, Yes, Yes, Titles differ slightly

Posted by kkwaiser at March 31, 2011 03:52 PM

Trackback Pings

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Adding stable file download links to the Research Bibliography - Part 2:

» copper roofing nails from copper roofing nails
Data Discussions: Adding stable file download links to the Research Bibliography - Part 2 [Read More]

Tracked on February 5, 2014 03:40 PM

» divorce attorney joliet from divorce attorney joliet
I have a small background in magazine journalism but my new job requires no writing at all, except for emails. . . I would like to start doing some creative writing but I don't know where to start, as in, what do I write about, and whether it's actuall... [Read More]

Tracked on February 6, 2014 03:05 PM

» switching birth control mid pack from switching birth control mid pack
I've heard you can make money off of advertisers. Is it really a significant enough amount to make it worth it? Or does the real benefit in blogging come from the exposure you get? I'm a bellydancer and I dance at private parties and events. How co... [Read More]

Tracked on February 7, 2014 03:19 PM

» internet marketing from internet marketing
I want to start a blog where i can just type anything that comes to mind. Kind of like a diary but not as personal. Any good websites where I can start my own blog for free and where lots of people see it???? Please and much thanks appreciated!! :). [Read More]

Tracked on February 8, 2014 09:32 AM

» セリーヌ バッグ 新作 2014 from セリーヌ バッグ 新作 2014
The usual belief is that if you ever buy from a Coach outlet then not often obtained have the money to buy one of the pocketbooks from a normal shop. That belief is not reality. [Read More]

Tracked on February 8, 2014 09:51 AM

» whey protein from whey protein
How do you make your blog (on Blogspot) for invited members only? [Read More]

Tracked on February 10, 2014 09:54 AM

» ถั่งเช่า from ถั่งเช่า

Tracked on February 10, 2014 09:56 AM

» Michael Kors Outlet from Michael Kors Outlet

Tracked on February 11, 2014 07:24 AM

» http://couponman.in/stores/homeshop-18-coupons/ from http://couponman.in/stores/homeshop-18-coupons/

Tracked on February 12, 2014 02:44 AM

Tracked on February 12, 2014 02:46 AM

» make money online from make money online

Tracked on February 12, 2014 07:02 AM

» http://couponman.in/stores/vistaprint-coupons/ from http://couponman.in/stores/vistaprint-coupons/

Tracked on February 13, 2014 03:06 AM

Tracked on February 13, 2014 03:06 AM

» IVA from IVA
I am trying to find a good blogging site where I can actually get viewers or readers to view my blog. I have tried blogspot and live journal with no real success. Does anyone know of any good sites where I can actually blog and get readers?. . Another ... [Read More]

Tracked on February 14, 2014 01:33 AM

» Comprar moviles chinos baratos from Comprar moviles chinos baratos

Tracked on February 16, 2014 09:40 PM

» whey protein from whey protein
Now that is some groovy journalism. [Read More]

Tracked on February 16, 2014 10:01 PM

» rahapelit suomessa from rahapelit suomessa

Tracked on February 17, 2014 12:17 AM

» garage flooring from garage flooring

Tracked on February 17, 2014 04:12 PM

» Michael Kors Outlet from Michael Kors Outlet

Tracked on February 18, 2014 05:16 PM

» simply click the up coming internet site from simply click the up coming internet site

Tracked on February 18, 2014 05:20 PM

» คลิปโป๊ from คลิปโป๊

Tracked on February 19, 2014 03:02 PM

» professional seo service from professional seo service
I used to have a pop-up message when i start firefox to restore last session but now it's gone. I need it in case i accidentally close something and i want to go back into it. Anybody know how to do it? Thanks.. [Read More]

Tracked on February 21, 2014 10:33 AM

» whey protein from whey protein
How long can my computer keep running with an outdated browser?. I browser my computer is outdated. However my computer's little outdated too, and doesn't have what it would need to run the new browser. Should I start saving up for a new one, or can th... [Read More]

Tracked on February 21, 2014 01:58 PM

» hardwood floor refinishing malvern pa from hardwood floor refinishing malvern pa
How do I get my Wordpress articles to pop up in peoples google searches? [Read More]

Tracked on February 23, 2014 12:13 PM

» http://www.aumax.com/partydressess/ from http://www.aumax.com/partydressess/

Tracked on February 25, 2014 03:25 AM

» genesis today pure green coffee bean extract from genesis today pure green coffee bean extract

Tracked on February 25, 2014 04:00 AM

» winding up from winding up
What colleges/universities are best for english literature and creative writing? [Read More]

Tracked on February 25, 2014 05:58 AM

» Driving Lessons Crumlin from Driving Lessons Crumlin
What is a blogging site where people give a lot of quick feedback? [Read More]

Tracked on February 26, 2014 04:31 AM

» http://www.lebasile.co.uk/pandora-charms.html from http://www.lebasile.co.uk/pandora-charms.html

Tracked on February 27, 2014 02:39 AM

» Pizza Hut coupons from Pizza Hut coupons
What joomla component would you recommend for member photo uploads? [Read More]

Tracked on March 2, 2014 05:55 PM

» Coach Shoes from Coach Shoes

Tracked on March 2, 2014 06:13 PM

» structured settlements calculator from structured settlements calculator
What is the difference between a Website Columnist and a blogger? [Read More]

Tracked on March 2, 2014 07:39 PM

» http://promdressesing.coin-lecture.com/ from http://promdressesing.coin-lecture.com/

Tracked on March 3, 2014 12:02 AM

» cheap air max 90 from cheap air max 90

Tracked on March 3, 2014 08:28 PM

» Air Max Nike 90 360 from Air Max Nike 90 360

Tracked on March 4, 2014 02:49 PM

» cheap nike air max from cheap nike air max

Tracked on March 4, 2014 08:13 PM

» what is a structured settlement from what is a structured settlement
Hi I am trying to preview articles from blogger on a separate site, where the most recent article would show up and could link to the blog itself. I have googled enough and read about rss. I can code html, xml etc. I would really appreciate any help. [Read More]

Tracked on March 6, 2014 04:56 PM

» structured settlement cash out from structured settlement cash out
There so many different computer tech stuff like Computer Programming, Computer Support Specialists, Computer Systems Analysts. I just want to know what it would be to go work on computers like store or business computers mess up or like tearing comput... [Read More]

Tracked on March 7, 2014 01:08 PM

» weight loss calculator enter calories from weight loss calculator enter calories
Can you type long blog posts on the PS3 web browser? [Read More]

Tracked on March 8, 2014 05:12 AM

» gold in ira rules from gold in ira rules
Confused about Copyright policies from sites that let you 'digg' articles? [Read More]

Tracked on March 8, 2014 11:02 AM

» www.serpflow.com from www.serpflow.com
I want to know what is the best 100% free blog/web or search engine directory for the blog site that can provide a lot of traffic to the blog site and spur reading.. [Read More]

Tracked on March 8, 2014 01:21 PM

» how much is yours worth? from how much is yours worth?
I want to start a website about paranormal stuff.. [Read More]

Tracked on March 10, 2014 06:19 AM

» identifying from identifying

Tracked on March 10, 2014 09:55 AM

» online pet medication from online pet medication
I have a blogspot page, How can I traffic the vistors and get their ip address? [Read More]

Tracked on March 10, 2014 10:58 AM

» light bulbs from light bulbs
Presumably the magazine doesn't do deals with each source that it reproduces, so how does copyright law allow them to re-print editorial content that they don't own without paying royalties?. . Also, can this law be applied internationally?. [Read More]

Tracked on March 15, 2014 07:59 PM

» For easy and quicker loans | Home Loans | Personal Loans | Doctor Loans | Business Loans | Compare Loans in India - Apna Loan Bazaar from For easy and quicker loans | Home Loans | Personal Loans | Doctor Loans | Business Loans | Compare Loans in India - Apna Loan Bazaar

Tracked on March 18, 2014 02:15 PM

» WhatsApp Spy from WhatsApp Spy

Tracked on March 19, 2014 11:28 AM

» escort in miami Fl from escort in miami Fl

Tracked on March 19, 2014 01:24 PM

» yacon syrup dr oz from yacon syrup dr oz
A computer starts somewhere. It starts with a bios and a CPU and a motherboard ect... When we code that computer to pump out a random number, what makes it pick the number it picks? Exactly the same computer sits beside it's identical and they both ... [Read More]

Tracked on March 19, 2014 01:43 PM

» Thomas Sabo Onlineshop from Thomas Sabo Onlineshop

Tracked on March 22, 2014 04:55 AM

» read here from read here
The template I made doesn't have any code in it about the navbar. I'd like to bring it back. What code do I put in to show the Navbar in blogger?. [Read More]

Tracked on March 22, 2014 09:05 AM

» best skateboard decks from best skateboard decks
Through Blogger, i have a blog using Blogspot. I would likie to know how to export all my posts from Blogspot to my newly created Weebly blog.. [Read More]

Tracked on March 22, 2014 09:23 AM

» health insurance risk pools from health insurance risk pools
Hi there. I was just wondering why its such a big thing these days to have a ridiculous amount of ram in a computer? People tell me that the more Ram you have in your computer the faster your computer will be. I always thought that it was the processor... [Read More]

Tracked on March 25, 2014 02:57 AM

» seo services in usa from seo services in usa
How can i migrate from Joomla to Wordpress together with all my posts? [Read More]

Tracked on March 27, 2014 06:39 PM

» read more from read more
Flash is already installed on my work computer, however firefox is not communicating with it for some odd reason. I can not reinstall flash because like i said this is my works computer, therefore i need admin rights to install flash. So how can i make... [Read More]

Tracked on March 28, 2014 08:24 PM

» nike bags for men from nike bags for men

Tracked on March 28, 2014 11:24 PM

» experto seo from experto seo
The top quality agencia de marketing anywhere [Read More]

Tracked on April 1, 2014 04:30 PM

» charms from charms

Tracked on April 2, 2014 09:13 AM

» nike outlet from nike outlet

Tracked on April 2, 2014 02:58 PM

» homeowners insurance quote from homeowners insurance quote
Looking for a good website to post samples of creative writing for others to read, review and comment on. Any ideas?. [Read More]

Tracked on April 3, 2014 08:12 AM

» http://www.builttospill.org/ from http://www.builttospill.org/

Tracked on April 5, 2014 04:20 AM

» Sunglasses For Boating from Sunglasses For Boating

Tracked on April 11, 2014 10:10 PM

» life insurance policy from life insurance policy
I just arrived in Chiang Mai. I wanted to post on my blog, at Blogspot, but all of the headings are now in Thai, not English. Is the problem with my computer, or the hotel's wi-fi service, or what? How can I get things back to English again?. [Read More]

Tracked on April 12, 2014 08:18 PM

» http://homeinsurance.theclevergroup.com/ from http://homeinsurance.theclevergroup.com/
I was thinking of starting a blog so I did some research into it on the internet and came across a lot of stuff that talks about legal issues and blogging. I'm not planning on blogging about controversial issues, (my blog would focus on posts about boo... [Read More]

Tracked on April 13, 2014 11:04 AM

» online auto insurance quote from online auto insurance quote
For instance, major music stores like iTunes are not available in Asia and US TV networks which let viewers see programmes on their website don't make such programmes available to viewers outside the US. This is even if people are willing to pay to do... [Read More]

Tracked on April 14, 2014 04:44 PM

» insurance for business from insurance for business
What's a good fun blogging site to use with another person? [Read More]

Tracked on April 15, 2014 07:35 AM

» minecraft games from minecraft games

Tracked on April 16, 2014 02:07 PM

» general liability business insurance from general liability business insurance

Tracked on April 18, 2014 06:04 AM

Comments

Login to leave a comment. Create a new account.