March 09, 2011
Connecting ArcGIS and PostGIS
Doing some research on the viability of setting up a spatial server. One option is to setup Postgres + PostGIS but a precondition would be the ability to read data from PostGIS directly into ArcMap for viewing (if not editing.)
How can I connect to a PostGIS database from ArcMap 9.3 and 10.0?
- Suggestions are ZigGIS for Arc 9.x
- Use a Query Layer to connect for Arc 10.x (viewing only)
- A summary of some of zigGIS' capabilities.
- Version 2.0 is propreitary but 3.0 will be opensource. Here's the roadmap for 3.0.
- Thoughtful blogpost from a developer with first-hand involvement in zigGIS.
Query Layer in Arc 10.x
- What is a query layer?
- Summary information from ESRI.
Posted by kkwaiser at March 9, 2011 09:33 AM
The ZigGIS was offically closed.
A new tool for directly connecting to PostGIS is:
ST-Links SpatialKit for PostGIS (PgMap).
Check it out from www.st-links.com
Posted by: firstname.lastname@example.org at September 16, 2011 11:05 AMLogin to leave a comment. Create a new account.