April 19, 2011
Potential DEIMS conference paper ideas
A few of us DEIMS types are discussing putting together a paper for an upcoming IM Conference. It's looking like time is a major constraint but I sent out a few ideas anyways. Here they are:
Beyond data management:
- Performance benchmarking - DEIMS performance before and after performance tuning with freely available tools (i.e., http://drupal.org/project/boost)
- Usability benchmarking - DEIMS usability for anonymous users, data contributors and admins before and after tuning with freely available tools (i.e., http://drupal.org/project/modalframe)
- Administrative tasking - extending an information management system to include tools for everyday administrative operations. A path toward a better-resourced, unified and sustainable system?
- Geo CMS - tools, challenges and opportunities for building an opensource GIS data management system within the DEIMS framework.
- The same but different - a survey of Drupal related data management activities around the globe with an identification of potential synergies. LTER, OBFS, EDIT, USGS, NCEAS. This is only possible when you start from a general purpose, opensoure software package. Custom and/or proprietary code need not apply. Bam.
Posted by kkwaiser at April 19, 2011 11:08 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Potential DEIMS conference paper ideas:
Tracked on February 24, 2014 06:46 AM
Tracked on February 27, 2014 04:24 AM
Tracked on March 1, 2014 10:56 PM
Tracked on March 2, 2014 06:13 PM
Tracked on March 3, 2014 06:26 PM
Tracked on March 10, 2014 04:23 AM