February 26, 2006
This blog is about life and teaching which just about covers anything. There will also be pieces about writing from time to time. One thing that I just learned recently is about how to structure a paragraph. Maybe everyone else just knows this but this was interesting for me. A paragraph should consist of the following parts:
1. State the main point
2. Make the main point more specific
3. Give evidence or support for the main point
4. Give your own view and support it
5. State what your insight is
6. Make a transition statement to the next paragraph.
Thanks to Caroline Eisner of the Sweetland Writing Center for this advice.