December 18, 2008
PRISM and eRPM Data Set Unavailable Starting December 24
Noon, Wednesday, December 24 to 8:00 a.m., Monday, January 5, PRISM and the eResearch Proposal Management (eRPM) data set will be unavailable while data is moved to the eRPM system and data set. Learn more...
Posted by wro at 03:08 PM
MAIS and ITSS Offices Closed for Holidays
Business offices will be closed for the winter break from 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 to 8:00 a.m. on Monday, January 5, 2009; this includes the MAIS Help Desk.
MAIS-maintained systems will be available during normal hours of operation.
Limited assistance is available from MAIS during this time:
- To report a suspected outage or other urgent system issue, call 734-763-4000.
- For assistance with MTokens, call 734-763-4000.
- For other non-emergency questions, call 734-936-7000 and leave a message after the prompts. A Help Desk consultant will return your call on January 5.
Happy Holidays from MAIS!
Posted by cstefans at 12:34 PM
Textbook Functionality Positively Impacting Campus
(Textbook Project Update Dec. 2008) Visit the What Else is Happening? section for an update on the new process and upcoming improvements.
Posted by cstefans at 09:22 AM
December 17, 2008
Textbook Project Update & Improvements
363 staff and faculty have used the new Textbook Online Ordering tool to enter 2,831 textbooks for 1,957 classes since online ordering functionality became available. Since online textbook functionality became available on October 6, there have been many improvements for campus:
- Students can view textbooks entered for Winter 2009 classes in Wolverine Access (on their class schedule and in the class search/class details), CTools, and UBooks.
- Students have started using UBooks to find other U-M students with books to buy or sell. As of December 12, over 1,400 textbooks have been listed for sale.
- Bookstores are successfully accessing class textbook orders.
Planned improvements for 1st Quarter 2009 are:
- For staff using M-Pathways, a new report page will identify classes with and without textbook data and textbook details for classes with data.
- For both faculty and staff entering textbook data:
- If a search for an ISBN returns no results, you can manually enter the ISBN in a Textbook field. This eliminates the need to enter an ISBN not found in the Other Materials field (the procedure used for Winter 2009 textbooks).
- If the textbooks are the same for a class as those used in a previous term, you can copy the textbook information and then make edits if desired.
Note: When the improvements are released, an e-mail will be sent to applicable faculty and staff.
For textbook documentation and simulations, visit My LINC and search "textbooks".
For Fall Term 2009 textbook timelines, see the Textbook Calendar on the Registrar’s Office web site.
For background information, see the 10/18/2008 Textbook functionality announcement.
Posted by cstefans at 12:29 PM
December 16, 2008
Tips for integrating utilization data & classroom space management
Posted by hengeshl at 12:41 PM
Updated Classroom Utilization Reports
To better reflect seat utilization data for classes, the following UM-Maintained Space Management Classroom Utilization reports have been updated to exclude "non-course" events scheduled in classroom space.
-- SM01 Spc Mng Classroom Utilization by Dept or Dept Grp for Term or Date Range
-- SM01 Spc Mng Classroom Utilization by Building for Term or Date Range
These revised reports contain changes to the seat utilization calculations to allow you to obtain more accurate utilization rates. Please obtain the latest version of these reports to effectively use the updated seat calculations.
Posted by hengeshl at 12:29 PM
December 15, 2008
U-M Proposal Management System in the News!
U-M's pilot implementation of eResearch Portal for Grants software featured in ClickCommerce article: U-M Launches New eSystem for External Grants Funding Proposals.
Posted by wro at 12:30 PM
Posted by nge at 11:42 AM
December 08, 2008
What is Business Intelligence and how are U-M units utilizing it?
Posted by hengeshl at 01:54 PM
PRISM Retirement & Replacement Coming in January
PRISM will be retired and replaced with an eResearch Proposal Management data set in January 2009. For most who use PRISM via the web or run predefined reports, this transition should be very minor. Stay tuned for descriptions of updated and new predefined reports. Users who work closely with the DRDA to meet their reporting needs will be invited to training sessions to learn how to work with the new data set.
December 02, 2008
Provides links to descriptions, data dictionaries, and other reporting documents for each data set.
Posted by hengeshl at 02:54 PM
Connection Conference Materials Available Online
Presentation materials and Webcast replays of the 2nd MAIS Connection Conference are available for download. The conference showcased how units are driving efficiencies through improved use of technology.
Staff and faculty from across U-M gathered for the full day conference on November 19, from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at the Michigan League. The event featured 30 break-out sessions presented by 51 staff members and keynotes presentations by Tim Slottow, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer; Robert Kelch, Executive Vice President for Medical Affairs; and Teresa Sullivan, Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs.
See the MAIS Connection Conference Website for more information regarding this event.
Posted by hengeshl at 02:44 PM