January 30, 2009
Learn how to complete a Proposal Approval Form (PAF) in eResearch Proposal Management.
Posted by wro at 02:50 PM
New PAF Course Available Online
Eliminate the commute and learn how to complete a Proposal Approval Form (PAF) in eResearch Proposal Management (eRPM) from the comfort of your own desk. It's a great opportunity to get a sneak peek before the All UM eRPM Release scheduled for March 2009.
- No registration is required
- Learn at your own pace
- Retake the course as many times as you want to refresh your skills
Visit the Training page on the eResearch Proposal Management site for access to training and documentation resources.
Posted by wro at 02:18 PM
January 12, 2009
Win Up to $12,000 in Cash Prizes
Nominations for the 3rd annual BI Awards will be accepted January 12-February 27, honoring staff who develop ways to work smarter.
Have you found an award-winning way to use data to improve the way you do your job? Do you know an individual or team using data to make an improved business decision? Share with U-M peers and colleagues how you transform data into actionable information!
The BI Awards are intended to create awareness of Business Intelligence tools, techniques, and processes. The BI Community honors those making an impact on the University with cash prizes up to $12,000! The awards are sponsored by the Advisors on Information Management Strategy (AIMS) and MAIS.
More information, rules, and a nomination form are available on the BI Website
Posted by hengeshl at 10:35 AM
January 07, 2009
WebNow Log Out Process is Changing
On January 10, the log out procedure for WebNow is changing. The WebNow application enables authorized users to view electronic documents that have been created with the companion ImageNow application.
The original email is as follows:
From: Mike Easter, MAIS [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 2:37 PM
To: "WebNow Users"
Subject: New! WebNow Log Out Changes
On January 10, the process for logging out of WebNow will change to align with the log out process for other U-M authenticated resources (e.g., M-Pathways systems,
NEW LOG OUT PROCESS
Using the new log out process, click Disconnect in WebNow to return to the Wolverine Access Gateway page. To complete the log out process:
-- Click Log Out on the Wolverine Access Gateway page.
-- Click Log Out again on the University of Michigan Weblogin page to return to the University of Michigan home page.
Note: If you have active WebNow and M-Pathways connections open and you log out using the new process above, both connections will close.
Refer to the 'WebNow: Signing In and Out' step-by-step procedure in My LINC at:
FOR ASSISTANCE OR QUESTIONS:
Contact the MAIS Help Desk by:
-- Phone: 734-936-7000, and select option 7
-- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
cc. MAIS Unit Liaisons
Posted by wro at 03:10 PM
PRISM Data Set Conversion Update
Dennis J. Cebulski provides status on post conversion activities for the new eResearch data.
The original e-mail is as follows:
From: Dennis J. Cebulski [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 3:27 PM
Subject: eResearch Data Status
The PRISM to eResearch conversion took place during the Holiday Break. Although some of the converted data set is available, the repository queries are not yet available. Further there are some technical issues with the data that are still being resolved. I recommended you not use the data set until all issues are resolved. The MAIS and DRDA team are working together intensely to resolve the outstanding issues in a timely manner.
I am happy to report that Sponsored Awards on the Web (SAW) renamed from PRISM On The Web (POW) is available at the following link: http://cgi.research.umich.edu/saw/saw.lasso
The data (awards only) is updated through December 24, 2008. Awards processed since that time may not appear until the end of the week. Again staff are working diligently to update data ASAP.
Your patience is appreciated as these data issues are resolved. Please be assured our top priority is the processing of proposals and awards which are fully functional.
I will keep you updated as developments occur.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me. Cebulski@umich.edu
or at 4-7232.
Dennis J. Cebulski
Division of Research Development and Administration
University of Michigan
PHONE: 734-764-7232 FAX: 734-764-8510
Posted by cstefans at 01:10 PM
New ePAF Supplemental Information Page
On January 7, James Randolph addressed all Research ULs on adjustments made to the Proposal Approval Form (ePAF). He attached new versions of the forms and instructions.
The original e-mail is as follows:
From: James Randolph
Date: January 7, 2009 10:41:59 AM GMT-05:00
To: Research ULs
Subject: ePAF Supplemental Information Page
I trust all of you received my campus-wide message earlier this week providing a brief status report on eResearch Proposal Management (if you did not, let me know and I can forward a copy). As I said in that message, so far, so good.
Several of you have started to use the Optional Supplemental Information for ePAF form. Based on early feedback, we made some minor adjustments:
- An additional notation near the top clarifies that all questions on the optional form are indeed optional. That is, you can complete only the additional fields of interest to your unit; you are not required to complete the entire form.
- We added the Uniqname field for item 4 - Key Personnel Effort (to accommodate this added field, we dropped the Department Name).
- The pdf version of the form was changed to be a bit more user friendly - the data fields to be completed were altered to permit more characters.
Attached are updated .doc and .pdf versions of the form. The pdf version expanded to a second page - annoying I suspect, but hopefully not a significant issue. The instructions were separated from the pdf version as well.
I encourage you to use these new versions, though DRDA certainly will accept the previous versions as well. Kelly will post these new versions to the Unit Liaison section of the eResearch Proposal Management homepage. Jim
Posted by cstefans at 08:46 AM
January 05, 2009
eResearch Proposal Management Update
(eRes PM Project Update Jan. 2009) Visit the eResearch section to learn more about the pilot phase, release, and notifications.
Posted by cstefans at 01:16 PM
Proposal Management Update
James Randolph announces current project status, pilot phase plans, and upcoming changes.
The original e-mail is as follows:
From: James Randolph [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 11:55 AM
To: eRPM Info
Subject: eResearch Proposal Management Update
In early November I provided an update on the implementation of the eResearch Proposal Management System. Since that note a number of pilot proposal packages have been successfully created and routed in the system and the data migration from PRISM to eRPM has been completed. So far, so good!
Here is our current status and near-term plan:
January and February (continuation of Pilot Phase):
- Investigators send paper PAFs to DRDA, except
- Pilot users (they know who they are) enter select new proposal packages into the eRPM system
- DRDA will enter all paper PAF/proposal packages into the eRPM system
- DRDA will prepare all award notifications – PANs and PACs – using eRPM
- All award notifications will be sent to investigators and campus administrators from the eRPM system, with only minor changes in appearance. All investigators and administrators will access their award documents in eRPM (more below)
- The PRISM data set will be retired, with all data transferring into the eRPM data set. More information at: http://www.research.umich.edu/proposals/prism/prism.html
March (Full Release):
- All Investigators will have the option of entering and routing proposal packages in the eRPM system
More on Award Notifications:
- The distribution of award information from the eRPM system prompts a special request: If you have junk or spam e-mail filters, please add email@example.com to your address book/contacts or safe/trusted senders lists. This will ensure your timely receipt of relevant award information from DRDA.
- One change some of you will experience shortly is that Project Award Notice/Change (PAN and PAC) information will be sent as text in the e-mail, rather than as an attachment. Links into the eRPM system will be included in the e-mail to provide access to the actual grant and contract documents.
As of this morning, all DRDA staff began operating in the new system. Though we have been preparing for this transition for some time, simulation cannot fully prepare staff for actual use. Over the next few weeks there may be slight delays in award processing by DRDA and award information flow to the campus community. Perhaps this transition will not be evident to many of you - so much the better. Regardless, in the interim I ask for your patience with our internal implementation. Be assured no proposals or awards will be at risk.
Want more details on project status? See:
If you have questions or comments, contact Cathy Handyside at firstname.lastname@example.org or me.
Posted by cstefans at 12:32 PM