October 21, 2011
What should you do to prepare for DART?
In October, the DART project team shared some highlights of DART capabilities by development area. Finance and development community members are invited to read about these highlights online(https://www.umich.edu/~mais/dart/dart-highlights-10072011.pptx). If you are unable to access the materials, please email email@example.com.
The development areas highlighted include:
- Mass Communications & Annual Giving
- Planned Giving
- Portfolio Management
- Gifts (Revenue
- Supporting you in maintaining your fundraising operations, while successfully launching DART
- Supporting you as you continue with campaign planning and readiness
- New reports where something existing can meet the need
- Most one-time ad hoc reports where the need is “nice to know”
- New annual giving segments, programs, tests
- Overhauls to giving websites
- New interfaces or data feeds to/from DAC
- Updates to DC3, EIS or other internal applications
- New email blasts (solicitations, newsletters, etc.)
- Review and map your key initiatives and projects for the remainder of the year
- Assess any new projects being considered for:
-Level of fundraising impact
-Complexity and resources required
-Compatibility with DART
- Connect with your OUD team liaisons (Annual Giving, Marketing & Communications, Development Services, Events, Prospect Development & Analytics, Stewardship) immediately regarding your projects for which you anticipate partnering with OUD teams
- Confirmation that DART can handle our complex business processes
- For example, testers will confirm that DART can handle the many ways we process gifts at the university
- Confirmation that training materials are useful and easy to understand for community members who have little to no previous experience with DART
- Prioritized list of bugs and/or defects that must be fixed before Go Live
- Finalized decisions about policies and processes for the way we do business
- ‘Run and View the Financial Report Package Using the “SOA Reports by” Options’
- ‘Run and View the Financial Report Package in M-Pathways’
Development community members can learn more about Portfolio Management and Events capabilities during breakout sessions at Development Council on 11/14/11 (See Dev Community Learning Calendar: https://devweb.dev.umich.edu/depts/details.cfm?deptid=OVPD0026&doc_id=3870).
Posted by lburgamy at 01:27 PM
OUD services during DART preparations
OUD is committed to a successful DART transition over the next year. Many OUD teams are balancing existing work along with DART preparations. As a result, we may need to work with you to review other options for projects that require increased data and technical resources. This means, OUD may determine whether to support your project in a different way or postpone the project until after Go Live.
OUD remains committed to helping you meet your business needs by:
What kinds of project requests will be closely evaluated?
Here are some examples:
What should I do now to prepare?
Posted by lburgamy at 01:22 PM
Making our way through Comprehensive Testing
Comprehensive Testing kicked off in late September and is the DART team’s focus for most of Fall 2011. There are approximately 100 participants and 14 teams involved in the three testing cycles. Some of the expected outcomes of testing include:
Posted by lburgamy at 01:19 PM
October 18, 2011
(eRecruit Highlights, Temporary Termination Purge & Additional Pay Interchange, Self-Service Time Entry, Self-Service Rollout, Employee Self-Service, Open Enrollment, Non-PO Voucher Online Wire Payment and MCommunity Sponsor System & Directory)
Posted by nge at 06:11 PM
October 11, 2011
Updated Project/Grant Financial Reports in M-Reports
To view the current financial status for your project/grants, access M-Reports on Wolverine Access http://wolverineaccess.umich.edu/reporting_secondary.jsp.
The navigation path is: University Business > Reporting > M-Reports. Once in M-Reports, click the appropriate tab(s), as follows, to view your reports:
-- If you are responsible for both sponsored research and non-sponsored projects, click the Research tab and toggle between the Sponsored P/G and UM-Funded/Gifts/Other P/Gs sub-tabs, as needed.
-- If you are responsible for only UM-Funded, Gift, or Other projects, click the Fin. Mgmt tab.
-- Official balances, as of September 2011 business close.
-- Projected balances, recalculated daily to reflect recent activity and upcoming commitments (e.g., salary, financial aid, purchasing, departmental).
-- Links to underlying transaction details.
To: Principal Investigators and Project Administrators
From: U-M Financial Operations
Subject: Updated Project/Grant Financial Reports in M-Reports
Date: October 11, 2011
Posted by nancyf at 08:44 AM
October 10, 2011
Posted by lburgamy at 01:11 PM
October 07, 2011
September 2011 Business Closed
September business closed on Thursday, October 6, 2011. FINODS, the Financial data set and the associated BusinessObjects universes in the U-M Data Warehouse were refreshed early in the morning of Friday, October 7, 2011.
To run the monthly financial reports from FINODS, see the applicable My LINC documents at:
To learn about additional Statement of Activity report options, see the Alternatives to Printed Statements web page.
Posted by nancyf at 08:48 AM