November 28, 2011
DART Update – Comprehensive Testing
In late September, the DART Team received and deployed the final version of Blackbaud’s software that will be used at go-live in March. The team, including representatives from the development and finance communities, have been involved in comprehensive testing of the system, to make sure it can handle all our complex business processes.
First Comprehensive Testing Cycle Completed
- Participation: There were more than 50 sessions in this first testing cycle, involving 10 teams and more than 75 individuals from across the community.
- Focus: Use test cases and scenarios to test detailed business processes and how the community will use the system.
- Outcomes: Made great progress in identifying issues to be addressed before Go live. Roughly 80% of our tests passed during testing and more than half of the identified issues have been resolved.
November – December: Comprehensive Testing Cycle 2
- Participation: Recruited some new testers to provide “new eyes” and fresh perspective on the testing
- Focus: Test all areas of the system and complete test cases
- Anticipated outcomes: Resolve all critical and high priority testing incidents before Cycle 3 starts
The third and final cycle of Comprehensive testing will begin in late January and end in February. The focus will be on retesting all areas, as well as any applied fixes to previously identified incidents, and to finalize data conversion routines.
Posted by lburgamy at 01:08 PM
Volunteer to Test Training
The DART team is looking for a pool of volunteers to test training materials between 12/5/2011 – 01/23/12. The time commitment for volunteers will vary from 1-5 hours depending on the course. Speak with your supervisor & complete this survey to volunteer.
Posted by lburgamy at 12:24 PM
What should you do to prepare for DART?
Unit Liaisons are reviewing who needs access to DART, and will assign security roles to each staff member who needs access. Each person’s security role(s) will determine what kind of training each person needs to complete before he/she is granted access to DART.
- Training schedules: You will be able to sign-up for training in early 2012. The DART training team will build the actual training schedules based on Unit Liaisons’ reports of who needs access to DART.
- Estimated training time: The DART team has provided estimates of training time for each security role (https://www.umich.edu/~mais/dart/DART-Access-Training-Descriptions.pdf).
- Register for training: In January, each person will receive emails for the training courses he/she is to complete. (An email will be sent for each security role.) You will need to register for your required training.
- Complete training: All training must be completed before you are granted access to DART. Most training will be provided as instructor led courses, though there may be the opportunity to take online training for some courses. Before March 26, everyone should successfully complete their training and be ready to start using DART at Go Live.
Watch for DART access and training information from your Unit Liaison and the DART team.
Posted by lburgamy at 12:14 PM
Who needs access to DART?
Unit Liaisons are reviewing who has access to EIS, DAC, and the DAC BusinessObjects Universe to determine what kind of access staff members will need in DART. Access to DART will be managed through “security roles.”
What are Security Roles in DART?
- "Security roles" determine what you will be able to do in DART. You only need security roles (access) for what is covered in your normal job responsibilities. For example, an individual who creates events will need a security role that allows him/her to add and update information on Events in DART.
- Not a Job Title - A security role is not a job title. An individual may need to enter events in DART, even if his/her job title is not Event Planner.
- More than One Security Role? You might need more than one security role to perform your day-to-day job. For instance, you might need access to create events and to create plans for prospects.
For more details on Security Roles and training, visit: http://www.mais.umich.edu/project_infocenter/announcement_dart.php?guid=20111128121404
For a list of Unit Liaisons, visit: http://www.mais.umich.edu/groups/liaisonlist.html
Posted by lburgamy at 11:58 AM
November 22, 2011
Unofficial Information Available in CRAS Data Set
The data in the CRAS data set and its associated CR01 BusinessObjects universe for Fall 2011 was loaded on 11/21/2011. The Office of Budget and Planning is performing a series of data checks and adjustments that may significantly change this preliminary data. It is strongly suggested you NOT consider the data "official" until notified. You will be notified via e-mail when the CRAS data are official.
To: M-Pathways CRAS Data Set Users
cc.: Student Administration Unit Liaisons
From: ITS-Inform [firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Unofficial Information Available in CRAS Data Set
Date: November 22, 2011
Posted by nancyf at 12:26 PM
November 21, 2011
Changes in Timing of Space Management Data Set Refresh
Beginning November 22, 2011 we will refresh the Space Management data set DAILY to facilitate reporting on space usage across campus. For updated information about the data set refresh schedule, see http://www.mais.umich.edu/reporting/datasets_refresh.html#phys.
To: U-M Data Warehouse Space Management Data Set Users
Subject Line: Changes in Timing of Space Management Data Set Refresh
Date: Monday, November 21, 2011
Posted by lcsteele at 04:20 PM
November 18, 2011
Please identify a sponsoring authority for your department(s) as discussed in the HRMS UL meeting on 10.21.2011.
Posted by nge at 04:24 PM
November 16, 2011
PO Voucher Approval Process – Updates and Tips
The following updates have been made to the PO voucher approval process:
NEW WORKFLOW RULE
PO vouchers under $ 10,000 requiring approval will be routed to the PR Department Manager if the original ePro requester:
-- Has left the University, or
-- No longer has the PR EPRO USER role in M-Pathways.
In this case, you will see a “Skipped” step on the Approval History page to indicate that the original requester is not available to approve/deny the voucher; followed by a step showing your name.
SPECIFY AN ADDITONAL APPROVER
You can now specify an additional approver. We anticipate limited use of this function, but common uses may include:
-- As an ePro requester, you receive an approval request but you no longer work for that department.
-- As a PR Department Manager, you receive an approval request for a PO voucher under $10,000 because the original ePro requester is not available, but you prefer that an ePro user provide final approval.
Steps to add an approver:
1. Click the plus sign next to your name in the Requestor Approval box.
2. Enter (in capital letters) or select the uniqname of the person to approve the voucher.
3. Click the Approver radio button.
4. Click Insert.
5. Click Approve.
-- The additional approver does not act as your substitute! You must approve the voucher to route it to an additional approver.
-- The system always tries to route a PO voucher under $10,000 requiring approval to the person who created the original ePro req.
-- The more approvers for a voucher, the longer it may take to pay the vendor.
-- To reduce the number of emails for the voucher approval process, you will no longer receive an email after the PO voucher is finally approved.
-- Look closely at the Subject line of the email notifications. “Review is requested” indicates the email is an FYI about the approval process. “Approval is requested” identifies that you need to take action for the voucher.
To: M-Pathways eProcurement Users and PR Department Managers
Subject: PO Voucher Approval Process – Updates and Tips
Date: Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Posted by lcsteele at 08:01 AM
November 15, 2011
SA Update, Issue #73, November 2011
The latest Student Administration (SA) Update is on My LINC, and it contains information about:
• Heavy System Usage During Early Registration
• Students Able to View Textbook Data on November 8
• It's Time to Check Grade Roster Access
• Assisting Students? View Training Materials in Student Business Help Pages
• Assisting Faculty? Open Faculty Business Help Pages via My LINC
• Help New Instructors Avoid Log in Errors
Visit the SA Update Online.
All SA Updates are on My LINC. Type "SA Update" in the Search box and click GO.
To: M-Pathways Student Administration Users
Subject: SA Update, Issue #73, November 2011
Date: November 15, 2011
Posted by lcsteele at 01:52 PM
November 09, 2011
eResearch Regulatory Management update
The eResearch Regulatory Management system is being upgraded to version 2.6.7 Thursday morning, November 10, during the regular maintenance window. A summary of the system changes is available at: http://www.umich.edu/~eresinfo/errm/rnotes/releasenote_v2.6.7.html.
To: eResearch Regulatory Management System Users
Subject: eResearch Regulatory Management update
Date: November 9, 2011
Posted by nancyf at 10:23 AM
November 07, 2011
Updated Project/Grant Financial Reports in M-Reports
To view the current financial status for your project/grants, access M-Reports on Wolverine Access http://wolverineaccess.umich.edu/reporting_secondary.jsp.
The navigation path is: Faculty & Staff > M-Reports. Once in M-Reports, click the appropriate tab(s), as follows, to view your reports:
-- If you are responsible for both sponsored research and non-sponsored projects, click the Research tab and toggle between the Sponsored P/G and UM-Funded/Gifts/Other P/Gs sub-tabs, as needed.
-- If you are responsible for only UM-Funded, Gift, or Other projects, click the Fin. Mgmt tab.
-- Official balances, as of October 2011 business close.
-- Projected balances, recalculated daily to reflect recent activity and upcoming commitments (e.g., salary, financial aid, purchasing, departmental).
-- Links to underlying transaction details.
To: Principal Investigators and Project Administrators
From: U-M Financial Operations
Subject: Updated Project/Grant Financial Reports in M-Reports
Date: November 7, 2011
Posted by nancyf at 11:52 AM
October 2011 Business Closed
October business closed on Friday, November 4, 2011. FINODS, the Financial data set and the associated BusinessObjects universes in the U-M Data Warehouse were refreshed early in the morning of Sunday, November 6, 2011.
To run the monthly financial reports from FINODS, see the applicable My LINC documents at:
- ‘Run and View the Financial Report Package Using the “SOA Reports by” Options’
- ‘Run and View the Financial Report Package in M-Pathways’
To learn about additional Statement of Activity report options, see the Alternatives to Printed Statements web page.
Subject: October Business Closed
Date: November 7, 2011
Posted by nancyf at 08:54 AM