March 21, 2008
Teachers of Critical Languages Program
American Councils continues to be privileged to administer the Teachers of Critical Languages Program of the State Department's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. We are pleased to announce that applications to host Chinese or Arabic exchange teachers during the 2008-2009 school year are available. Applications can be downloaded from either www.americancouncils.org or www.tclprogram.org.
TCLP is a great program that looks to build US schools' capacities to offer Chinese and Arabic programs as these languages are indeed critically important for both the current and future generation. Moreover, both China and the Middle East have rich, vibrant, and deep cultures and histories, and our students can learn a great deal from them. Reciprocally, our exchange teachers can learn a great deal about American culture while improving their English and gaining experience in teaching methodologies. All said, it's a great cross-cultural program that really does benefit all parties involved.
From a school's perspective, the program provides many benefits, as well as numerous opportunities.
• American Councils provides exchange teachers' monthly salaries, health care, round-trip airfare, visa support, extended training in DC before the school year, a four-day professional development workshop in November, access to a professional development fund for exchange teachers to acquire training, textbooks, or materials as are relevant to their situations, and ongoing on-program support including in-person site visits
• TCLP includes alumni grant opportunities for exchange teachers and host schools when they "graduate" from the program in June 2009 so that continued collaboration, cross-cultural exchange, and classroom partnerships can be supported
• US elementary or secondary schools, both public and private, may apply
• Applications are welcomed from schools with existing, developing, or planned programs
• Applications are due May 16, 2008. Awards and regrets will be sent by the end of May
Posted by mayyash at March 21, 2008 12:13 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Teachers of Critical Languages Program:
Tracked on July 15, 2008 07:29 PM
» buy databases weather from buy databases
[...] But, as he puts it: Hunters of Brora was special. Unless,usually While the 74-year-old ex-king still has a following in Afghanistan, some Moslem resistance groups remain strongly opposed to him. Unless,usually [...] [Read More]
Tracked on December 8, 2009 12:41 AM
Tracked on May 22, 2013 01:16 PM