September 30, 2008
Center for Strategic & International Studies - Seeking Research Fellow
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to address international policy issues and to provide policy options and solutions. CSIS is one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of roughly 180 employees, including more than 100 analysts tracking policy issues and developments in countries across the globe.
CSIS is seeking a Fellow to join the Middle East Program. The Middle East Program at CSIS is distinguished by an agenda that seeks to explore opportunities as well as threats in the Middle East, paying particular attention to social, economic, and political drivers of change in the region. The incumbent will have the opportunity to create a broad intellectual agenda that is in accord with this overall approach, and to maintain a high level of scholarship in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment. The incumbent will typically work on several long term projects simultaneously, in addition to responding to daily demands.
Description of Duties:
I. Conduct research as dictated by the Program.
• Brainstorm and develop new projects which further the CSIS mission of providing strategic insights and policy solutions to decision makers.
• Write thoughtful, content-rich and innovative sections of proposals, publications and book chapters.
• Develop a record of scholarship that is called upon by outside sources to provide expert advice and opinion.
II. Support Program activities:
• Manage the substantive and operational priorities of sizable projects and initiatives.
• Identify new opportunities for policy relevant research.
• Participate actively on a closely knit team.
• Represent the program on a national/international level and among scholars and policy leaders, as well as with the national and international media.
M.A. or other advanced degree required, as well as relevant professional experience in the field of Middle East studies. Expert ability to write and research reports, concept papers, and proposals. Must possess strong communication skills including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from media, governmental entities, and the general public. Overseas experience in the Middle East and high proficiency in at least one regional language is a requirement for this position. Requires familiarity with the Washington policy community.
If interested in applying for this position, please submit a letter of interest, resume and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to reference the position in the subject section of the email.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted by kpfister at September 30, 2008 03:58 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Center for Strategic & International Studies - Seeking Research Fellow:
Tracked on September 29, 2013 03:11 AM
Tracked on October 23, 2013 06:59 PM
Tracked on November 26, 2013 07:04 PM
Tracked on February 23, 2014 03:07 AM