October 08, 2008
Portaland State University - Middle East Studies Position
Middle East Studies Position at Portland State University in Oregon:
Assistant or Associate Professor, tenure-track
Welcoming applications for a full-time, nine-month tenure-track position with competitive salary and excellent benefits package beginning September 2009.
*REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS WILL BEGIN OCTOBER 15, 2008.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE RECEIVED BY OCTOBER 31, 2008.
- Ability to teach from an interdisciplinary and multicultural perspective on an array of international topics and the Islamic world
- Middle East Studies program support
- Ph.D. in a social science-based discipline with qualifications commensurate with the rank of assistant or associate professor, and with a primary focus on the Middle East, and specialization or training in Islamic Studies
- Strong commitment to undergraduate education and evidence of successful teaching
- An active, sustainable scholarly agenda
- Proficiency in one of the languages of the Middle East
- Relevant, positive experience in building community and inter-institutional partnerships, and willingness to play a significant role in strengthening our Middle East Studies program.
Send letter of application, CV, evidene of teaching ability, Affirmative Action Application Data Form* (blue card), and three letters of recommendation by email* to: email@example.com, or by mail to
Martha W. Hickey, Director
International Studies Program
Portland State University
P.O. Box 751
Portland, OR 97207-0751
*Email preferred. Please send an email address, or clearly indicate if you do not have email. We will send you the Affirmative Action Applicant Data Form (Blue Card) as an email attachment where possible.
Posted by kpfister at October 8, 2008 11:01 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry: