January 12, 2009
Kansas University - 2009 Summer Arabic Studies in Morocco
University of Kansas Office of Study Abroad presents the 2009 Summer Institute: Arabic Studies in Ifrane, Morocco
The program dates are May 29-July 25, 2009 (eight-week program).
The program is open to undergraduate and graduate students from accredited U.S. colleges and universities. At least one semester of college-level Arabic language or the equivalent is recommended.
Credit: An official transcript from the University of Kansas will be issued at the end of the program.
- Track 1 (Language only): Six to ten hours of credit
- Track 2 (Language & Culture): Nine to thirteen hours of credit
On the program, students learn experientially about Morocco's culture, society and language
- Participants live with Moroccan roommates during the program and have optional family home stays for one or two weekends.
- Participants participate in at least one social club with topics including cooking, literature and theatre, music and dance, or calligraphy. The club activities allow students to interact with local students from Al-Akhawayn University.
- Excursions to the Tafilalt Area and to Marrakesh provide participants the opportunity to learn in greater detail about Morocco's culture and society.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until March 1, 2009. Additional program information and applications are available online at www.studyabroad.ku.edu.
Posted by kpfister at January 12, 2009 03:45 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Kansas University - 2009 Summer Arabic Studies in Morocco:
Tracked on September 25, 2009 01:30 PM
Tracked on December 31, 2009 12:00 PM
» phen375 customer reviews from phen375 customer reviews
Dozens of diet pill commercials promise incredible generates a short level of time, therefore it. Having tried all possible dieting plans but none appear to work out (and worst still, in which suffered badly all the side connection between the dieting... [Read More]
Tracked on April 8, 2013 04:37 PM
» jeremy scott paris from jeremy scott paris
Hands down, Apple's app store wins by a mile. It's a huge selection of all sorts of apps vs a rather sad selection of a handful for Zune. Microsoft has plans, especially in the realm of games, but I'm not sure I'd want to bet on the future if this aspe... [Read More]
Tracked on April 9, 2013 10:58 PM
» nike blazer from nike blazer
Sorry for the huge review, but I'm really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it's the right choice for you. [Read More]
Tracked on April 20, 2013 09:08 PM
Tracked on May 2, 2013 10:13 AM
Tracked on May 11, 2013 04:03 AM